Mount Holyoke College Reviews

Mount Holyoke College is a liberal arts college located in South Hadley, MA. Its student community is comprised of people from across the world and from all different backgrounds and identities. The thing they have in common is a striving for excellence and a pursuit for justice and ethical practices. The professors employed at MHC are incredibly qualified on the whole, and give ample instruction and direction to students. MHC is also a part of the 5-College Consortium, which allows students to take courses at the neighboring Smith College, Amherst College, Hampshire College, and University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
I just completed my first year at Mount Holyoke and I really love it there. The professors really care about their students, and the campus is beautiful.
My experience at Mount Holyoke has in no way lived up to my expectations. Mount Holyoke is a great school for many people, but for a very specific type of person. I was excited for such a high degree of diversity, however, be warned that everyone at this school thinks/acts/feels very similarly. Yes, there is a lot of racial, ethnical, sexual, and gendered diversity but that does not mean that there is diversity of opinion/thought. There is a prominent movement for inclusion which is great but I find it to be an "up in your face" movement where students spend a whole lot of time pointing fingers and not enough time truly embracing their college experience. Also, the school is incredible about emphasizing self-care which is so important for college students. Yet, this movement eliminates opportunities to take risks, and this vibe is especially annoying in the athletic department as the sport that I am a member of is very recreational.
Review Mount Holyoke College
Mount Holyoke College is the best decision I have ever made! There is a huge variety in terms of nightlife on campus and off. Whatever Mount Holyoke and South Hadley lack, the other college towns and schools make up for. The best professors you'll find. Great sense of community. Wonderful traditions. It feels like a summer camp with homework.
Mount Holyoke is an incredibly diverse and inclusive community. My experience here has been nothing but positive. The academics are interesting and challenging and the professors are easy to talk to.
Mount Holyoke is a liberal environment with more conservative administration. Its a really good school for academics, but get to be studying all the time. There is a stress culture here. The student body is wonderful, but the administration is not so wonderful. If you have a problem that needs to be solved get ready to be aggravated. Also housing is mostly singles and doubles. The rooms are nice for some of the dorms, others are very small and uncomfortable. I wish that they had more suite/ apartment living. Another thing is when you randomly get assigned a roommate, its a hit or complete miss and then its nearly impossible to try and move because of roommate complications.
My experience at Mount Holyoke has been exemplary so far! The academics are hard, but fair. The professors are dedicated to their work and their students, and most of the people are genuinely excited to learn and change the world.
Mount Holyoke is a fantastic women's college in Massachusetts. I visited in March 2015, and I had a wonderful experience. Campus is beautiful, the people are friendly, our tour guide was extremely competent, and I came away feeling inspired.
Mount Holyoke College is an amazing institution. The faculty and staff are amazing, the students are brilliant, and the campus and facilities are wonderful.
I like the type of people I meet at Mount Holyoke. I would like to see a change in the school's form of support to help its students in the Accessibility's department.
My best experience ever. Love Mandelles.
I don't really pay attention to the athletics.
My college is great. I am a transfer student so I am pretty consent with my choice now. This college has a really friendly community.
The athletic facilities are really good. Once you decide to take advantage you realize that a lot options are available whatever your needs may be.
The best part about this school is its intellectually engaging atmosphere and the strong sense of community and empowerment that comes from experiencing life at an all women's college. I gleaned a lot of useful knowledege from interactive class discussions. The teachers are quite helpful and supportive and I have made great friends!
The career center and the services they offer at MHC is helpful, but not expansive.
I love every single professor I've had and I've enjoyed every class, even one's outside of my major that I was taking just to fill a requirement. Only thing is - I wish there was a larger variety of classes offered.
Review Mount Holyoke College
I feel unbelievably safe on my campus because it is a small women's college in a rural area.
The experience in dorms can vary widely. I had a great room in my first year with a window seat, a beautiful view and a building with a dining hall. Many of the rooms have beautiful features and no dorm is more than 10 minutes from the center of campus. There can be unusually small rooms, but many rooms are much bigger than you'd expect a dorm room to be. I love the social atmosphere of dorm life because there's always someone you know in common spaces, but even the party dorms are mellow enough for people like me who need quiet.
I have hardly no opinion of athletics because I don't attend games or play sports, but from what I've seen while in the gym, I believe the facilities to be top notch.