1. South Hadley, MA
  2. 4 Year

Mount Holyoke College Reviews

My experience at Mount Holyoke has been exemplary so far! The academics are hard, but fair. The professors are dedicated to their work and their students, and most of the people are genuinely excited to learn and change the world.
Mount Holyoke is a fantastic women's college in Massachusetts. I visited in March 2015, and I had a wonderful experience. Campus is beautiful, the people are friendly, our tour guide was extremely competent, and I came away feeling inspired.
Mount Holyoke College is an amazing institution. The faculty and staff are amazing, the students are brilliant, and the campus and facilities are wonderful.
I like the type of people I meet at Mount Holyoke. I would like to see a change in the school's form of support to help its students in the Accessibility's department.
My best experience ever. Love Mandelles.
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
I don't really pay attention to the athletics.
My college is great. I am a transfer student so I am pretty consent with my choice now. This college has a really friendly community.
The athletic facilities are really good. Once you decide to take advantage you realize that a lot options are available whatever your needs may be.
The best part about this school is its intellectually engaging atmosphere and the strong sense of community and empowerment that comes from experiencing life at an all women's college. I gleaned a lot of useful knowledege from interactive class discussions. The teachers are quite helpful and supportive and I have made great friends!
I love every single professor I've had and I've enjoyed every class, even one's outside of my major that I was taking just to fill a requirement. Only thing is - I wish there was a larger variety of classes offered.
The career center and the services they offer at MHC is helpful, but not expansive.
  • Value
I feel unbelievably safe on my campus because it is a small women's college in a rural area.
The experience in dorms can vary widely. I had a great room in my first year with a window seat, a beautiful view and a building with a dining hall. Many of the rooms have beautiful features and no dorm is more than 10 minutes from the center of campus. There can be unusually small rooms, but many rooms are much bigger than you'd expect a dorm room to be. I love the social atmosphere of dorm life because there's always someone you know in common spaces, but even the party dorms are mellow enough for people like me who need quiet.
  • Housing
I have hardly no opinion of athletics because I don't attend games or play sports, but from what I've seen while in the gym, I believe the facilities to be top notch.
I love the accepting, safe environment at my school. I've met amazing people and had great experiences with all of my professors and staff that I've encountered. I get the impression that my school genuinely cares about me as a student across all departments. The only downsides to my college are the distance from my home and the high cost of tuition.
Mount Holyoke College has a strong alumni network from what I have heard. Currently, I do not have a lot of knowledge about employers recruiting on campus or the career services. This is something that I plan to look into as an upperclassman this upcoming academic year.
  • College Junior
  • Value
While Mount Holyoke College is far from perfect, it has been a place where I feel physically and emotionally safe; the things that matter most to me are the things that the school offers: kind students of diverse backgrounds and identities, academic support, physical safety initiatives, and basic needs of daily living (food, water, living space) are all met. These are the things that matter most to me that I have been satisfied with at Mount Holyoke College. I absolutely love the athletics program, which is another important piece of the experience to me. The fact that I have been able to compete alongside like-minded caring individuals towards a common goal of teamwork and success has been a privilege to me that I greatly appreciate. After I leave MHC, I will have these friends who I met on and off the athletic fields. The relationships will surely remain even after I graduate, which is very valuable to me. This ability to make lasting connections with kind, inspiring, likeminded and caring individuals is an aspect of the school that I will forever me thankful for no matter what minor flaws the institution has.
The Lottery process is somewhat confusing, especially for first-year students choosing for their sophomore year room assignments. I have also found that certain Community Advisors are more lenient on rules than others and do not enforce rules consistently. However, a lot of Community Advisors are great and helpful while encouraging a social atmosphere through hall and/or floor events for residents to attend.
I am so fortunate to be able to be a varsity athlete at Mount Holyoke College, and I am grateful for all of the athletic opportunities available for students like myself.
Unless you go off campus, there's pretty much only dorm parties and auditorium parties (which can actually be amazing).