Mount Holyoke College Reviews

I have really enjoyed the atmosphere of non competitiveness with other students. The only one you're agains is yourself to achieve higher standards than previously. The campus is beautiful and there are many small study areas that are perfect hunker down in.
Mount Holyoke College is a top notch women's college that offers diversity and supurb academics. The professors are amazing, knowledgeable and make each class interesting. Everyone going to Mount Holyoke takes their academics very seriously and are accepting and friendly. The campus is beautiful and there is a lot of history within this small college. I would highly recommend to any woman who wants a quality education to go to Mount Holyoke College.
Mount Holyoke College has a beautiful campus and an even more beautiful community. Every student I have met is engaged in their coursework, active in both the community and the world, and is supportive to each other. The teachers ensure you get a wonderful education during your time there and go above and beyond.
Start Your Review of Mount Holyoke College
Mount Holyoke College is an amazing school for those seeking a liberal arts education. Students are given the opportunity to take different types of classes and explore the various departments at the college. Class sizes are small which allows for more one on one time with professors who make the time to get to know you. The Mount Holyoke College community is accepting of individuals from all backgrounds which fosters a good living-learning relationship among students at the college.
I'm big on academics so that is what I based my rating on. The counselors know how to guide students into the right direction in terms of what career they see themselves occupying; if students are not sure of their path, there are a plethora of classes to take to figure it out. Besides the academics, there are Division 3 sports and recreational sports including basketball, volleyball, field hockey, and many others. The location of the school is more on the suburban side but there are buses that come everyday (some free ones!) that take students off campus and into more city atmospheres. In addition, students can take classes at other schools in the area that not only count for credit but allow for students to make more friends.
I attended nearby Hampshire College, but I spent quite a bit of time on the Mt. Holyoke campus, because I loved how beautiful the campus is. I would frequently go study at the Mt. Holyoke library because of it's beautiful architecture, and the fact that it was quieter and better stocked than Hampshire's. I waited until my final year of college to take a class at Mt. Holyoke, because it was with a professor I really wanted to study with, but I had gone to some social events and theater performances at Mt. Holyoke prior. They have AMAZING theater facilities. In my opinion, the loveliest of the five campuses.
Mount Holyoke College is an oasis of learning in itself. It is a wonderful environment for all types of people, especially because of its liberal environment. It is a space to explore self-identity and to be accepted in every step of the way. It is a place where your academic passions across the board meet, as requirements for completing a major are well-paced and there is plenty of space to explore passions outside your major. The campus is relatively small and accessible from all residence halls. Faculty and staff are renowed and more available to students here than anywhere else.
Mount Holyoke College is a lovely, accepting institution. It creates a beautiful community of bright students who engage in rigorous academic discourse in and out of the classroom. Though at times the administration is a bit self-serving and secretive, all the positives outweigh this part. My only suggestion is that they make good on their promise of being a liberal and progressive institution by becoming a sanctuary campus and divesting from fossil fuels. But otherwise it is a great place for a student wanting an academic challenge and looking for a loving community that will be supportive and understanding no matter your background.
At Mount Holyoke College, everyone is really nice and the academics are of high ranking. You are introduced to new programs and connections with other colleges as well. They also have a variety of majors and courses to choose from and along with it comes helpful advising and encouragement form peers and staff. During the day, you see the seasonal change in the environment around and breathe in the fresh air. Also, to help with stress, professors are amazing with helping with whatever you need.
My experience at Mount Holyoke was overall very good. I played varsity basketball and was very connected with the athletics on campus. It is a very diverse school with a lot of great people.
I have only been here for two months, but I am very confident that I made the right decision in coming here. The campus is absolutely gorgeous. MHC is consistently ranked in the top 10 for best campus and nicest dorms. Professors here want to be here teaching and helping their students. There are so many programs throughout the week to make MHC students more successful in their classes, internships, interviews, and future jobs. We have over 100 clubs, so there is something for everyone. Traditions such as Mountain Day, Founders Day, Elfing, First Year Plants, and Pangy Day enrich the campus and connect current students to past generations. Attending a women's college and specifically MHC has bolstered my confidence and self esteem.
I love MoHo for its diversity and career education but don’t put me in a double room that is as big as a single room.
The campus is absolutely beautiful - both in the fall and winter. It's basically like going to Hogwarts. Mount Holyoke is also very generous with financial aid, especially for international students as they're also working towards increasing the diversity on campus. I genuinely prefer the small class sizes in contrast to the large lecture halls in other colleges because the professors actually get to know their students and vice versa which comes in handy when it comes to letter of recommendations.
Good school. Interesting vibe, and had a hard first semester, but when I figure out how to go off campus on the weekend, joined a sports team it became a lot better.
I 'm coming as a freshman; however, I have visited campus and meet some of the students and faculty members. They all were very welcoming to students in the program I attended. They atmosphere is very friendly and peaceful. Professors allowed us to attend their classes and we were able to ask questions. Overall, an excellent experience, and I can't wait till I become an official freshman.
The academics are great, but the department requirements and lack of diverse courses and lack of diverse course times makes it nearly impossible to finish your major. The administration is against you, they are very cheap and do not listen to the student body or student government.
Financial aid will screw you btw. Although MHC says they will meet 100% need-based aid, they are the one who decided how much you need, which will be very little. You will come out of MHC with the same amount of loans as anywhere else BE WARNED.
Mount Holyoke provides multiple opportunities for students to thrive academically. Internships, study abroad, research opportunities, Mount Holyoke has it all!
Start Your Review of Mount Holyoke College
Mount Holyoke is a great school if you're looking for community and academics. The area is pretty quiet though but you can go into Amherst or Northampton to do more.
Mount Holyoke College is a liberal arts college located in South Hadley, MA. Its student community is comprised of people from across the world and from all different backgrounds and identities. The thing they have in common is a striving for excellence and a pursuit for justice and ethical practices. The professors employed at MHC are incredibly qualified on the whole, and give ample instruction and direction to students. MHC is also a part of the 5-College Consortium, which allows students to take courses at the neighboring Smith College, Amherst College, Hampshire College, and University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
I just completed my first year at Mount Holyoke and I really love it there. The professors really care about their students, and the campus is beautiful.