Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.65 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.64 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.64 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mathematics & Statistics44 Graduates
International Relations and National Security Studies34 Graduates
Political Science and Government33 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology23 Graduates
Anthropology and Archaeology21 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.48 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.81 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.33 responses
Mount Holyoke College Reviews
Mount Holyoke College is a lovely, accepting institution. It creates a beautiful community of bright students who engage in rigorous academic discourse in and out of the classroom. Though at times the administration is a bit self-serving and secretive, all the positives outweigh this part. My only suggestion is that they make good on their promise of being a liberal and progressive institution by becoming a sanctuary campus and divesting from fossil fuels. But otherwise it is a great place for a student wanting an academic challenge and looking for a loving community that will be supportive and understanding no matter your background.
Mount Holyoke is a gorgeous school with an incredible academic program, historic traditions, and of course, M&C's. As a historically women's college, I thought I would miss being at a co-ed school. However, this is not the case. I love being in an environment I feel comfortable in and was able to make friends I really care about. I am giving Mount Holyoke a 4 out of 5 stars because, although I love it, it still has its issues. I wish Mount Holyoke had a more diverse faculty, especially in regards to the history program. I also wish that I had received more financial aid, though many people I know are very happy with the amount they receieved.
I have only been here for two months, but I am very confident that I made the right decision in coming here. The campus is absolutely gorgeous. MHC is consistently ranked in the top 10 for best campus and nicest dorms. Professors here want to be here teaching and helping their students. There are so many programs throughout the week to make MHC students more successful in their classes, internships, interviews, and future jobs. We have over 100 clubs, so there is something for everyone. Traditions such as Mountain Day, Founders Day, Elfing, First Year Plants, and Pangy Day enrich the campus and connect current students to past generations. Attending a women's college and specifically MHC has bolstered my confidence and self esteem.