Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Campusgrade C
- Athleticsgrade C+
- Party Scenegrade C
- Professorsgrade C+
- Locationgrade C
- Dormsgrade C+
- Campus Foodgrade C
- Student Lifegrade C+
- Safetygrade A
Mount Aloysius is a private, Catholic college located in Cresson Township, Pennsylvania. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 959 undergraduate students. The Mount Aloysius acceptance rate is 95%. Popular majors include Nursing, Business, and Radiologic Technician. Graduating 48% of students, Mount Aloysius alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $30,900.
NCAA Division III (without football)
Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference
Mount Aloysius College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
No data available
Students also applied to ...
Will You Get In?
$21,874 / year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$14,637 / year
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 47 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 44 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 43 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Nursing131 Graduates
- Business34 Graduates
- Radiologic Technician30 Graduates
- Physical Therapy Technician22 Graduates
- Biology19 Graduates
- Information Technology13 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities13 Graduates
- Accounting12 Graduates
- Sonographer and Ultrasound Technician11 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration8 Graduates
Online Programs Offered
Offers Online Courses
Online Certificate Programs
Online Associates Programs
Online Bachelor's Programs
How Students Learn
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 36 responses
- Serious about doing the best you can academically36%
- Dedicated to its students.28%
- Home away from home3%
- Serious students only apply3%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
$40,800 / year
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
More opinions are needed to display this poll. Take our survey
Colleges like Mount Aloysius College
- grade BSaint Francis University
- 4 Year
- Loretto, PA
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 561 reviews
- grade B minusUniversity of Pittsburgh - Bradford
- 4 Year
- Bradford, PA
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 547 reviews
- grade B minusUniversity of Pittsburgh - Johnstown
- 4 Year
- Johnstown, PA
- Rating 3.35 out of 5 586 reviews
- grade C+Lock Haven University
- 4 Year
- Lock Haven, PA
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 883 reviews
Mount Aloysius College Reviews
Rating 3.78 out of 5 544 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Mount Aloysius was the best decision I never made! It certainly wasn’t my first choice, when I decided to return as an adult. However, I could not be happier with the amount of care and attention students are able to receive, due to the size; and the level of understanding and respect given to adult students surely aided in my success as well. The mount is a progressive college, steeped in long standing traditions. The forward thinking staff there has created a place where ideals such as a broad education, social adaptability, and real world success are the primary focus. All walks of life are honored and accepted, adopting ideas of mercy, which are directly from this colleges conception as a Catholic institution. The teachings which make Catholicism great are imbedded into this place; thankfully none Of the hardline guilt, sin, and corporal punishment have.
Many of the professors are highly respected academics who bring a wide variety of real world experiences to the classroom. The administration respects, honors, and really provides for the professors, and it shows! So many teachers are underpaid, overlooked or conversely are seen as untouchable on their campus, all of which come at great costs to the students. But here, there is excitement and passion; the information and technology is current, the thinking is forward.
Beautiful campus located on the stop of a Pennsylvania mountain. Ideal for commuter students since the town of Cresson is incredibly small. Winter driving can be a hassle, but the small class sizes and the dedicated instructors make this small private college a hidden gem!