Morehead State University Reviews

I am a sophomore at Morehead State and have so far enjoyed my time here. I have made good connections with professors, and have joined several organizations that allow me to give back to the community, help me deal with stress during finals, and have given me opportunities to make some life-long freinds.
I absolutely love Morehead's campus and staff. The campus is set up in a way that makes students feel at home and at ease about going to school there. Everything is within a 15 minute walk (if you are walking slow) and set up in a way that is easy to find. The staff is always available and go out of their way to help their students succeed and learn their desired major. I could not imagine myself in a more comfortable, welcoming, and helpful environment.
Morehead is not a party school and it is relatively far from a major city, so it has a laid-back atmosphere; most students go home on the weekends. The student body is friendly to each other and welcoming to new students. The professors are caring and more than willing to help you succeed, particularly if the student is willing to put in the effort. Budget cuts, constant renovations, and administrative disconnect frequently inhibit student productivity. The some of the main complaints among students would be the quality (and price) of campus dining and endless issues involved with on-campus housing. Overall, it is a comparatively affordable option for students on a safe campus.
Start Your Review of Morehead State University
It's a great campus. Small but the people are caring. If you like the outdoors then this is a great place to be.
I really do love this college but there are some downfalls to the way things work. They have a tutoring center but sometimes even the tutors aren't sure how to help you and that can be really frustrating. I live in a form and I have to say, there are some RAs who seem to be a little too into your personal life and it doesn't always feel like there's much privacy. I am unable to go home on weekends so I have spent time looking for things to do on and around campus but there really isn't much to ever do. The problem I have with the food is sometimes you find hair, my hair is very very short so I know a really long hair can't be mine. I have noticed lots of the workers don't wear hair nets when they're handling the food. Overall I do love this college but there are some improvements that need to be made.
The health promotion professors are very knowledgeable and helpful. The campus has a nice recreation and wellness center. The food on campus is about average. There are a variety of clubs to join. They have a career services building to help students prepare for after college.
I am a 3rd generation student at Morehead State University and I transferred here from Eastern Kentucky University last fall. I love the size of MSU. It isn't too big but isn't so small that you feel like you know everyone TOO personally. The facilities are nice and the many of the professors here are super sweet and willing to work students.
I have been apart of the business and math college. Both are excellent the teachers care about their students and are always willing to talk and help. The campus is small and easy to find everything. The local area of morehead and a very beautiful little town with mom and pop shops all around. If you're looking for a small town campus this is the best choice.
I take classes on campus through my high school even though I am still in high school. After one and a half semester, I have honestly enjoyed my classes. There are small class sizes, good professors and decent food on campus.
I enjoy the faculty here, but a lot of the students are rude. This school has felt like an extension of high school where people need to learn to grow up but choose not to.
I really love Morehead State University because of the small town atmosphere in between the beautiful mountains of eastern Kentucky. The college itself is very down to earth and is very personable. The student to faculty ratio is about 20:1, giving students the opportunity to connect with both each other and the professors. Morehead State offers a unique and personal experience for all students who attend.
I like that Morehead State University is just the right size for me. Morehead is a place of positiveness and exploration. Every student learns something new every single day.
The professors are great, the campus is beautiful, and the people here really make you feel at home and safe under all the pressure and stress. All and all, I would recommend Morehead State University to anyone who is interested in learning and having fun.
I am only a freshman but Morehead has been great. I love my professors and they are all so helpful, I’ve made so many friends and I feel like I’m being very prepared to be a teacher here.
I am a sophomore at Morehead State University. This school is great, I have switched my major twice and the advisors really helped me out. The career center is awesome. Especially if you are like me and do not know what you want to major in. They give you this personality test to evaluate what you would excel at the most. The social life is pretty great as well. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved on campus. So far, I am pleased with my decision to attend Morehead State University.
Morehead State is a great place to spread your wings without being too far out of your comfort zone. The campus is a lot smaller and closer knit than those around it and there is always staff and officers willing to help!
Even though Morehead State University is a smaller campus in size compared to other colleges in the state it has a homey, safe, feeling that most bigger campus around it does not. I have been living on campus for one month each summer for a program called Upward Bound. Upward Bound is a educational program which helps low income or first time students finish high school and then go to college. The program and Morehead State has left such a positive impression on me I plan to attend there for my degree.
Start Your Review of Morehead State University
Morehead State is a one of safety and academics universities in the south.It would be great or your academic study.
This school is smaller but is the perfect size. The professors are really there to make sure that you are successful. I am so glad I chose to go here
Morehead State University is the perfect university if you want the balance between a small town life while attending a division 1 university.