Morehead State University Reviews

I went on a campus tour, and the students were very respectful. They got to know you, and what you wanted to major in. I also got a one on one tour in the nursing department and it was spectacular. The campus was very safe and had phone booths designed specifically to be used for calling help if in danger. The campus was beautiful and felt like home. Every student looked very happy there. Also, their food is outstanding. Morehead provides their students with anything they need on campus such as: "gas station but for food", free washer and drying to wash clothing, huge dorms, amazing food, many activities to do while on campus, one on one time with professors, and so much more. Many encouraged me to further my goals in majoring in nursing.
I liked the community especially the people. It is a well rounded school and they are very friendly. They make you feel like home. There may not be a lot of diversity, but the professors and food is spectacular and the sports are great too! I definitely recommend this college to someone that wants to get away from your home town to a different town that is very nature friendly. I also recommend going to the football games and really any sport because you will have a great time! Also, the hiking trips are eye opening and very adventurous if you plan on taking one. I personally loved Morehead and I hope you will too!
The time I spent at MSU I felt was time well spent. The small class size was beneficial to a more one on one education. They excel in their art programs and I can't wait to go back and finish up my bachelors. Recently, they "improved" ADUC, a center for students to eat, gain information on the school, hold meetings, and a few other things. It cost a lot. That money could have gone towards programs Morehead took away so that they could pay for this renovation. That money could have gone to renovate buildings that desperately need it, like the English and Business building: Bert Colmbs. That money could have gone towards hiring new people instead of completely taking away much needed jobs. I love MSU, but I am incredibly bitter about their recent "improvements".
Start Your Review of Morehead State University
i haven't been at the school yet but i have heard great things this school and i am really excited to see what this school has to offer and experience the college life.
While visiting Morehead State University, I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. Being in a town that felt like home made me love it there. Their dorms were very nice and new, as well as their cafeteria. Morehead is one of my top picks right now because of it's location, amenities such as the wellness center, the lake, and the library, and also the academic programs they provide there.
So far I have had a great experience . The professors I have had all have been great and some even go out of their way to make sure I understand what we are learning or just how my life in general is going.
Morehead was a good school with lots of opportunity for an aspiring medical student like myself. The atmosphere in the town is reasonably quiet, without too many insane night life antics. The extracurriculars at morehead we’re top notch; the new $20m rec center was the icing on the cake of my first semester. Overall I love the school and look forward to many more years there.
I love the location of Morehead State University. It is close to home and gives you that feeling of home. The student life is amazing. There are a wide variety of different groups to get involved in. The professors are very helpful and push you to do your best.
This campus is not only a great learning environment, but also an environment to meet new people and have a great time altogether. The professors are very friendly and accessible, the campus itself is not too but nor is it too small. The fun events that are presented to the students along with the intriguing clubs keep the students happy and amused apart from the studying. It is just an overall great experience.
I loved the small classes and individual attention. I wish the teachers were paid more and that the chemistry department had better instructors.
I absolutely love this university!! I was extremely unhappy at my previous college and coming here has allowed me to do better with my academics, I feel so much more at ease with the professors, and honestly I wouldn't switch schools again for the world.
Pretty good. Campus is pretty much all up hill. Good classes and professors except in the chemistry department.
I love MSU! For me, I choose MSU because I was close to home, but far enough way to have freedom! MSU is a beautiful and small campus. Everyone in your department will go out of their way to help you!
I am a sophomore at Morehead State and have so far enjoyed my time here. I have made good connections with professors, and have joined several organizations that allow me to give back to the community, help me deal with stress during finals, and have given me opportunities to make some life-long freinds.
I absolutely love Morehead's campus and staff. The campus is set up in a way that makes students feel at home and at ease about going to school there. Everything is within a 15 minute walk (if you are walking slow) and set up in a way that is easy to find. The staff is always available and go out of their way to help their students succeed and learn their desired major. I could not imagine myself in a more comfortable, welcoming, and helpful environment.
Morehead is not a party school and it is relatively far from a major city, so it has a laid-back atmosphere; most students go home on the weekends. The student body is friendly to each other and welcoming to new students. The professors are caring and more than willing to help you succeed, particularly if the student is willing to put in the effort. Budget cuts, constant renovations, and administrative disconnect frequently inhibit student productivity. The some of the main complaints among students would be the quality (and price) of campus dining and endless issues involved with on-campus housing. Overall, it is a comparatively affordable option for students on a safe campus.
It's a great campus. Small but the people are caring. If you like the outdoors then this is a great place to be.
Start Your Review of Morehead State University
I really do love this college but there are some downfalls to the way things work. They have a tutoring center but sometimes even the tutors aren't sure how to help you and that can be really frustrating. I live in a form and I have to say, there are some RAs who seem to be a little too into your personal life and it doesn't always feel like there's much privacy. I am unable to go home on weekends so I have spent time looking for things to do on and around campus but there really isn't much to ever do. The problem I have with the food is sometimes you find hair, my hair is very very short so I know a really long hair can't be mine. I have noticed lots of the workers don't wear hair nets when they're handling the food. Overall I do love this college but there are some improvements that need to be made.
The health promotion professors are very knowledgeable and helpful. The campus has a nice recreation and wellness center. The food on campus is about average. There are a variety of clubs to join. They have a career services building to help students prepare for after college.
I am a 3rd generation student at Morehead State University and I transferred here from Eastern Kentucky University last fall. I love the size of MSU. It isn't too big but isn't so small that you feel like you know everyone TOO personally. The facilities are nice and the many of the professors here are super sweet and willing to work students.