High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.56 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.62 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.62 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities172 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services106 Graduates
Radiation Therapy59 Graduates
Special Education and Teaching57 Graduates
Engineering Technology53 Graduates
Agricultural Business52 Graduates
Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Medicine49 Graduates
Veterinary Technician and Assistant43 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.85 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.96 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.44 responses
Morehead State University Reviews
Morehead is not a party school and it is relatively far from a major city, so it has a laid-back atmosphere; most students go home on the weekends. The student body is friendly to each other and welcoming to new students. The professors are caring and more than willing to help you succeed, particularly if the student is willing to put in the effort. Budget cuts, constant renovations, and administrative disconnect frequently inhibit student productivity. The some of the main complaints among students would be the quality (and price) of campus dining and endless issues involved with on-campus housing. Overall, it is a comparatively affordable option for students on a safe campus.
If I could put it into one sentence, it would be, 2 years wasted here. I went to Morehead to finish up my Bachelors. I went because family and friends went here, they always said it was the best school for me. Just the two years there made me felt like I was lied too. Frist, I didn't really learn anything in my field to help me when I graduated. Second, they only care about getting their name out there. Third, student body is not very diverse, such as they only care about athletes, students in on-campus organizations(student clubs and greek life), if you are not any of these you mostly treated like dirt. Sadly, I have to go back to school to redo the damage this place did for my future. Thanks!
I really do love this college but there are some downfalls to the way things work. They have a tutoring center but sometimes even the tutors aren't sure how to help you and that can be really frustrating. I live in a form and I have to say, there are some RAs who seem to be a little too into your personal life and it doesn't always feel like there's much privacy. I am unable to go home on weekends so I have spent time looking for things to do on and around campus but there really isn't much to ever do. The problem I have with the food is sometimes you find hair, my hair is very very short so I know a really long hair can't be mine. I have noticed lots of the workers don't wear hair nets when they're handling the food. Overall I do love this college but there are some improvements that need to be made.