Our creative community of 400 student-artists thrive in a vibrant North Shore community only three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and five train stops from Boston. Founded by working artists, Montserrat’s well-rounded, interdisciplinary approach to art education infuses art-making with research and critical thinking in each of the ten concentrations and five minors within our BFA degree program. The mission of the college ensures that its graduates leave equipped with the confidence and skills to build lives of creative enterprise and community engagement. Whatever your passion, you’ll find classes, gallery shows, internship opportunities, and ideas that inspire you at Montserrat.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.9 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.13 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.13 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.8 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.13 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.5 responses
Montserrat College of Art Reviews
The school is small which means you get to know people quite well and fairly quickly. After two years I seem to know everyone, even people I have never had an interaction with. It creates that sense of a tight-knit community which other schools don't seem to have. Most people are in-the-know about what's going on around campus.
So far my favorite thing is the classes. I have learned and developed my skills so much since I started here. This is probably because of each professor teaching their own techniques and advising us uniquely with each class, so you take away pieces of their skills and apply them to your own.