Montclair State University is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
New Jersey Athletic Conference
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.192 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.195 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.196 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management518 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences243 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities231 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services186 Graduates
Food and Nutrition Studies141 Graduates
Fashion and Apparel Design99 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.217 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.249 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 135 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.130 responses
Montclair State University Reviews
I am currently a freshman at Montclair State University and I truly do like the school. This school provides a lot of resources to help perfect my craft and offers a lot of activities/ clubs to participate in. The faculty, staff, and my fellow classmates are very friendly and I love that this school is diverse. I am looking forward to continue to further my education here!
Some professors truly care about the future and integrity of their students. Some others do not really use methods to make students involved with the subject. Advisers and directive personnel are not really present in the student's process in the school. Regardless, there are many others who truly care about the students and make the most of their classes to not only teach about their subject, but also to teach students important lessons about life in general. There is a noticeable growing amount of diversity. Overall, the school could try to emphasize getting more involved with students and create a stronger community.
I absolutely LOVED my time here and am so proud to be an MSU alumni. I had countless opportunities to learn and grow while furthering my education. I built friendships, acquired internship experience, and even graduated with a full-time job! None of this would have been possible without the support MSU provided me with.