Montana State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.140 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.148 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.146 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.176 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.215 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.108 responses
Montana State University Reviews
In the heart of Bozeman, Montana, MSU offers a great college experience! Surrounded by mountains, the extracurriculars are endless with skiing, camping, hiking, fishing and biking. Campus is gorgeous through every season, with a mix of old and new buildings, each with their own character. Professors listen and show true passion towards their subjects. Dorm life was a great experience, and even outside of the dorms there are awesome housing opportunities through town. Overall has been amazing and I have met lifelong friends and gained a lifetime of knowledge through Montana State University.
If you are an Out-of-state student, money is everything here because it's VERY expensive. Academics is good and my major was Graphic Design and the professors are really useful when you're in a rut. CORE class professors are good, some are meh, one I have heard isn't all great. It entirely depends on what classes you pick and how interested you are. My freshman year was great for my education and honestly loved it but it gets harder as you move up; not to mention expenses HOLY F%#K! Diversity isn't all well it's like sour cream but despite that, the people are friendly. Food wise, there are two current dining halls close by dorms and a new one coming Fall 2018. They have plenty of options depending on how your diet is. I stayed in Roskie Hall for my sophomore year and it's ok; my floor wasn't very social but other floors are. Overall for me, this was good but the tuition makes it all the more worse for Out-of-state.
When I first stepped foot on campus, I felt like I was home. At Montana State University everyone is so kind and fun to be around. It is really easy to meet life-long friends. The residence halls are so nice and I would recommend living on campus for the first couple of years because it will help with getting around and you will feel more connected to Montana State University. MSU has a fantastic way of transitioning people into the college life. It is a big community but also a small one. The professors are really intelligent and they know the material they are teaching. MSU puts on a lot of events that students can go to so that they can enjoy themselves, meet new people, and have fun with their friends. The MSU campus is so beautiful and there are so many off-campus activities to do. The major ones in Bozeman, Montana are skiing and hiking. I love attending MSU and you will too!