Monmouth University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.57 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.57 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.56 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management304 Graduates
Foundations of Education88 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies65 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies41 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services37 Graduates
Political Science and Government36 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.68 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.82 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.41 responses
Monmouth University Reviews
Monmouth makes every student feel like an individual, you are not just a number in the classroom. Coming from a small, Catholic high school, this was exactly the type of classroom experience that I wanted. I was nervous that I would not be able to put myself out there academically and socially, but Monmouth makes it very easy to become involved! I have even won a Dean's Excellence award during the Education Department's Scholarship week in the spring! Without Monmouth, I would not have been able to accomplish certain things and I guarentee I would not have accomplished these amazing things at any other college!
Monmouth University is great for students who want to join Greek life or play a sport. If you don't want to do either of those things, then I suggest you look elsewhere. Unfortunately, if you aren't apart of either of those things then you there will be nothing for you to do. Moreover, the campus is very small and on the campus itself there is not much to do, so you have to look outside of the campus for entertainment or have your car here to have fun. The food is average, but I suppose it's like that at most colleges. I do have to say that the professors here are amazing and that I actually look forward to going to class! I'm going to be transferring for my sophomore year because Monmouth is not for me, it doesn't challenge me as much as I would like it to. With that being said, my time here hasn't been absolutely miserable and if you're looking to play a sport of join Greek life then this is a great college for you.
If you are not half brain dead, do not go here! The academic level at Monmouth is a complete joke. I majored in Business Finance and i graduated with a 3.8. The classes are not challenging enough but boy do they make some of the worthless gen ed classes a nightmare. Nonetheless, no matter how much they award you in scholarship do not be lured in just because of that .If you still want go here then definitely join Greek life or your time at Monmouth will be a complete let down. Trying to end on a positive note, I will say since the school is near the shore the bar life is great, the campus is gorgeous, and its D1 athletic teams are pretty good for a small private school.