Modesto Junior College Reviews

1,055 reviews
I love it here! Great environment and even better opportunities. The academics here are very helpful and I am truly blessed to be attending here.
The professors I have had have been really approachable for any questions and/or concerns. The campus is very nice, East is an old campus with new construction and many upgrades and West campus is beautiful. Both are easy to get to from the freeway. The cost is relatively inexpensive for the quality of instruction.
Modesto junior college has excellent resources and an easily accessible campus. I would like to see more parking space and better traffic control.
Start Your Review of Modesto Junior College
This campus is very friendly and helpful to every major out there. I really enjoy going to this school.
It is a great junior college, with a newly built second campus featuring high tech chemistry and biology classrooms. They have really built it into one of the best JC in California. It is also connected to the Fire Academy allowing students to get free EMT/Fire training.
Modesto Junior College is a beautiful place to attend. Great buildings and classrooms. It feels like if you are at home
First of all, the only downside about the college is I was expecting more out of the educational portion while attending. The staff is very invested in their students which is phenomenal and great for proper student involvement. However, the majority of students who attend MJC seem to be lacking the devotion to getting a higher education and tend to complain about the work that the staff gives. Other than the lack in motivation by the students, the staff offers great support systems and the school does everything in their power to motivate students. The clubs along with ASMJC are also phenomenal and give students an amazing outreach to their busy stressful lives. Furthermore, the sports are a great source of exercise for students and are prided for their successful wins. Overall, my experience here at MJC is good, however I was expecting more regarding my education because I feel high school was harder than my semesters here.
This is an accredited community college that offers a variety of majors, including opportunities to complete online degrees. It's a very affordable option. Something MJC may be able to improve on is the availability of counseling and financial aid officers for students. Sometimes it can be difficult to get help within a week's time (during peak business times).
I love being a student at MJC. Most of the instructors are very nice and always want to help you. Being an online student full-time is convenient, but they also have awesome on-campus courses I've been wanting to take.
This is a good school. Only been there one semester but it's smooth sailing. Just look up your professors before registering for a class.
I really like how much the professors care about their students. I feel that the surveys the students take at the end of the semester should impact the teachers to make the changes necessary to be better teachers.
This is my first semerster at Modesto Junior College after taking a semester break. Both of the campuses are nice, however the East Campus could use a bit of remoldeling or renovation because it is a little outdated.
Modesto Junior College is a great alternative to taking general Ed at a 4 year. Classes are a bit impacted but if you get good grades your priority for registration gets a nice boost.
My experience at MJC was good. I did Track my first year and I loved it, it was nice getting to meet people through sports and have benefits out of it. The only thing I have to say negative about this school is their counselors they aren't all on board and they will tell you different things. I wish I wold have known more in order to graduate sooner. Its a good school though.
It's a good school if you are looking to transfer out from a two year college to four year. The professors, for the most part, are pretty good. There's not much a party scene or housing but students tend to commute to the campus.
This school has amazing professors who will take the time to get to know their students, this makes the school enjoyable.
I think the counselors are extremely helpful! I can't say there isn't anything I'd change about this school
Start Your Review of Modesto Junior College
The way I have made my education here at Modesto Junior College memorable is that I have made each opportunity to keep up on my school work on going. The learning center is a huge benefit to all students at all times. Free math tutoring all day every day throughout the week. All sorts of other tutors are there to help you in whatever you need. The counselors are spot on if you know what your major is but if not then they kinda are as good as you are just by yourself through finding the right college for you and what classes you should take to transfer with an AA. All in all the MJC life is not half bad. The on campus food isn’t the best but most Wednesday’s you get free lunch like subway and other great food for free!
I am a freshman at Modesto Junior College and so far from the looks of it, it is a really beautiful campus. Teachers/professors are very clear on what they say and do depending on who you get. The only down side is the parking, parking here is terrible, but the school is in a nice area both east and west campus so parking elsewhere isn't muich of a problem.
pretty typical community college. I don't know whats wrong with professors or deans but usually, for most needed classes as General Chem or Trig there will be 100 students on waitlist and instructors won't add even one single person.