Modesto Junior College Reviews

1,038 reviews
The way I have made my education here at Modesto Junior College memorable is that I have made each opportunity to keep up on my school work on going. The learning center is a huge benefit to all students at all times. Free math tutoring all day every day throughout the week. All sorts of other tutors are there to help you in whatever you need. The counselors are spot on if you know what your major is but if not then they kinda are as good as you are just by yourself through finding the right college for you and what classes you should take to transfer with an AA. All in all the MJC life is not half bad. The on campus food isn’t the best but most Wednesday’s you get free lunch like subway and other great food for free!
I am a freshman at Modesto Junior College and so far from the looks of it, it is a really beautiful campus. Teachers/professors are very clear on what they say and do depending on who you get. The only down side is the parking, parking here is terrible, but the school is in a nice area both east and west campus so parking elsewhere isn't muich of a problem.
pretty typical community college. I don't know whats wrong with professors or deans but usually, for most needed classes as General Chem or Trig there will be 100 students on waitlist and instructors won't add even one single person.
Start Your Review of Modesto Junior College
Modesto Junior College is a great place to start your higher education, then to transfer. Not only is it great, but it also saves you some money. I enjoy this campus because the staff, professors, and services are very helpful and want their students to succeed. I don't feel as if anything needs to be changed, because I have not encountered any problems at this college. With that said, I hope this helps any soon to be college students decide on where to go, good lucky!
I am having an amazing experience with this school. The academic environment is very enriching to your education and the staff is kind and helpful
Modesto Junior College is great place to start your education. Especially, if you are like me, who has been out of school for 15 years. At first I was scared of returning back to school But, after talking to my professors about how I felt, they only encouraged me to keep going. Since Ive started school its getting easier to understand my classes and my purpose of being in school. I would totally recommend this school to anyone!
MJC is a great college with great professors! Wanted to stay closer to home to save money and I don't regret it a bit. Not to mention the beautiful campus they are constantly working to improve.
I liked that there is a bunch of other types of people that are all here trying to get a better education.
Since I've been attending Modesto Junior College, I had many amazing experiences. One pleasant experience I had was a time that I needed assistance applying for a BOG waiver. I called a couple times to get help and kept getting sent to voicemail during business hours. Finally, the office manager answered my call and took my call directly to the person who was supposed to be helping students. Every time I needed assistance they always seemed to have no-problem helping me. One thing I wish they could change would be the location of their college. Its spread out across the city and can become a real hassle.
What I really like about Modesto Junior College, is how small the college actually is. All of the Professors can get to know your name, and you're not just part of a crowd. The Professors are also willing to help you with any information you're having trouble with, and help you understand it better. So I like this college for the experience, which will be helpful to me when I transfer to a different University in the future.
my overall experience with MJC is on a average base. It was hard trying to get the classes I need so I could transfer for my teaching major. When I did get the classes I need some of the Professors would cancel class at least 2 times a week when the class was a three times a week, just makes it a little harder to know what to study for on a test if the teaching is not there. This is just a small part of my experience at MJC, I was part of the football team at MJC and the coaching staff and the counselor Crystal where always making sure that us football player where on track to transfer and they would help us get the classes we need. I like being part of the football team, just which, the student part was a little easier to get classes. The campus is not in the best neighbor hood for the east campus, but the east campus is new and has all the state of the art class rooms and building.
Modesto Junior College is a nice community college that people attend, so they can pursue their education at their own pace. The teachers and students are very friendly, I've never had any issues with the school. MJC was never my first choice however after attending this school I feel like it was one of the best decisions I made because I saved a lot of money and still received a good education.
MJC provides programs to ensure that students, regardless of hardships, have a equal opportunity to succeed in school. From free busing, free student marterial resources and employment opportunities after college, MJC does its best to make sure the only thing standing between you and the diploma is yourself.
That school is to packed. The teacher are okay, the ones I have taken so far are good teachers expect the foreign language teachers they are horrible act explaining the things.
I am still enrolled in MJC classes but so far I have enjoyed the ones I have completed. The teachers have been very kind and for high school/ first time college students they help and are easily reached in person or through email. I will continue to take classes through MJC.
It is okay. The professors are very proactive with the students, but it is sometimes very hard to get the classes needed.
I like how there are many resources and that most of the professors and staff are helpful. However, I don’t like how it’s hard to get into some classes needed.
Start Your Review of Modesto Junior College
The majority of Professors at this campus are caring, passionate, and effective in their teaching methods. I have learned a great deal since being a part of Modesto Junior College and have carried lessons that I am able to utilize in daily life from this school. It is easy to prepare for a career or for transfer to a four-year college at this school. I also love how the school works to involve the community by hosting free "science nights" and showcasing free informational films every semester.
Modesto Junior College is a decent school and it a lot harder than people make it out to seem. People automatically assume that because it's a junior college it is lower or easy; however, I have taken courses at state colleges and MJC is no picnic. Overall, I am extremely pleased with my time at MJC.
Modesto Junior College is a great alternative route to take rather than going straight to a 4 year university. The professors make a very good effort to try and help the students when they are in need of help.