Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.6 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.9 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.9 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies29 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities29 Graduates
Business Administration and Management20 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management15 Graduates
Hospitality and Tourism Management13 Graduates
Homeland Security10 Graduates
Human Development6 Graduates
Environmental Studies3 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.10 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.16 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.5 responses
Mitchell College Reviews
For all those prospective students: This is NOT a college like UConn or Yale. It's the OPPPOSITE. Mitchell is basically a below-average college for kids who couldn't make it in high school and/or have learning disabilities. Professors are alright but they baby students too much. Nobody is serious about grades or attending class. Food and housing suck BIG time. As for activities, forget it. No Greek Life or varsity sports. The clubs are ignored and are a waste of time. If you think Mitchell is right for you, good but don't go in thinking you're at a prestigious university like they tell you!
I love the private beach. I am in love with the campus appearance. It is so beautiful. The college has a Bentson Learning Center. This center can help me because the center helps people with disabilities with their classwork and grades. I have Autism so I know this can help me with my grades and classwork. Most importantly, this school is located in New London. New London is like another home to me. My grandfather's (from my mother side) people came from there. I am half Native American and I am from the Eastern Pequot Tribe. ftw
I love the small classes. Professors are great. I love that they are always updating the school. New locker rooms, new sports fields coming, new drama building coming.