Missouri University of Science & Technology Reviews

A very good school. I chose it because of its reputation and price. Relatively low tuition costs and extremely high job placement rate. The culture on campus is not very unique but the amount of degree programs is.
There have been some issues with teachers, but the overall experience here has been nice. The campus is nice, and the frats are a little out of control.
It was a great college to attend. The college population was just the right size for for the small college town atmosphere. The courses were challenging, nut the resources to get assistance were great. Professors were very knowledgeable and most enjoyed teaching and getting the students involved.
Start Your Review of Missouri University of Science & Technology
The classes are extremely challenging which suits students seeking engineering. The campus was beautiful. They have great programs for freshmen and great opportunities for job seeking graduates. They also have a lot of program that helps you get ready for the real world.
Missouri S&T is a great school depending on departments, but the overall campus is terrible. Penalty and hidden fees are tacked on to your student accounts. The staff is no help. While there are many great professors, there are also many awful professors who do not help at all and would love to see you fail. Missouri S&T pride themselves on high acceptance rates, but what they do not tell you is they make the freshman courses weed out courses. They take your money then kick you out if you do not make grades. I am a senior and will be graduating May 2019, but let me be honest. This school just takes your money.
Missouri University of Science and Technology is a surprisingly fun school. Although Rolla itself might not have much to offer for its students, S&T does a good job of making sure that students not only get the education they want and deserve but also that they have enough clubs to keep them entertained while they spend their time in Rolla.
The schools academics are very rigorous but manageable if you set enough time aside to study. The teachers are willing to help you if you ask them for help. The school provides enough opportunities for tutoring to help you succeed during your time at the school. If you wanted to attend a school with an amazing party/social life this school is not for you. Unless you are part of greek life there is not much to do outside of studying during your free time. There are not very many options for food at this school either. We have 7 food options in our schools foodcourt with 5 of them being off brand food services. The school could use an upgrade on the food court along with a change for the options for our meal plans since they are overpriced for what we are offered.
I love the school and the atmosphere. It’s full of weird people who are passionate about so many things. You’d be hard pressed not to find somebody who doesn’t love the same things that you love. It’s a good place for people who feel like they have a hard time fitting in because everyone is so friendly and fun. However, I’d love to see more people of minorities, as well as females. Since it’s a school that’s heavily revolved around traditionally predominantly male fields, young women tend to get gunshy about coming, but it’s really not that bad. Also, a girl will never be out of luck looking for a date.
I love this school because almost everyone is an engineer! Everyone has the same interests, like math, sciences, video games, and some outdoor activities. I wish sports were a little more prominent but it makes sense why they aren't. It's a nerd school!
S&T is a great investment for a college education. Classes are very difficult but pays off in the end. Res halls are lively and student life is very social despite the "nerd" stereotype given to the college.
I just got through my first year at this university and I really enjoyed it. The classes were really tough which tells me I'm getting a really good education, especially for the low cost (compared to other engineering universities). The campus is really pretty, but nothing too special. The only real downside to it is that it's a town surrounded by nothing but fields and woods, so there's not much to do outside of campus.
Missouri Science and Technology has a very welcoming atmosphere to it. It allows everyone to feel included.
I like how Missouri S&T challenges it's students academically, if you are not dedicated to academics then you will not do well here. I like how it showcases its students and how they are in high demand for many companies across the country.
I like the diversity in personalities and interest on campus. I would like to see a change in who the school allows to teach important classes, like math. It should be important that the professor is reliable and the students can understand them.
The people here are amazing, and I would suggest that all Missouri geeks consider Missouri S&T. There are a lot of problems though... I'm on Student Council here, and I can say that the non-student management I get to deal with is not competent. The company that is contracted for food out can't figure out the math for their own meal plan. Since the school currently requires freshmen and sophomores to have meal plans, I would suggest getting an all-points plan. It is the least of a rip-off and gives the most flexibility. Try to arrange the option to live off campus. The living options are overpriced, and the people who run Student Housing are lazy, and will often lie to get out of doing their job. The classes are wonderful, with teachers who care about their students and often will meet outside of class to help. This school also helps students to find jobs after and during college, with many companies going directly to Missouri S&T for their engineers and interns.
Choosing Missouri S&T was the best choice of my career. The quality of education that I am receiving is the best possible quality and the experiences that I have had here have been amazing. I feel prepared to go out into the workforce with all that I have learned here already, and I am only a sophomore.
There are many issues with parking. Often times students will not receive access to parking passes until their senior year. This causes many problems as much housing is located off campus, and city police will give you a ticket for parking alongside streets for more than two days.
Start Your Review of Missouri University of Science & Technology
MOST is a really good school. It gets a lot of flack for being a tough school, but it's not only hard, it's a really good school with great programs. The professors, TA's and other administrators will help you succeed and help you pass. The coursework is hard, but every student is given all the tools necessary to succeed here.
The campus is really nice too! Small and easy to navigate, the campus is both cool and charming.
It's a nice school. The campus isn't very large so you shouldn't have any trouble trying to find your classes, and even if you have trouble you can just ask someone as just about everyone is willing to help you. The professors are good, but the classes are going to be hard, no matter how smart you think you are.
The campus is very focused on socialization and group work with the professors encouraging students to engage in real life scenarios and encouraging them to find clients on their own. The campus itself needs to promote more types of safety when it comes to having caution signs and warnings up for people who bike around campus.