Missouri State University Reviews

1,868 reviews
I went on a tour of Missouri State and really liked the campus. However, I had a couple of meetings scheduled in regards to my major and both of them got cancelled without notice. The first one I had scheduled with was with an admissions advisor and he was out of town and the lady I met with instead didn’t seem to know much of anything. And the second was with someone specifically for my major. I arrived about 10 minutes early. Explained that I was a perspective student and where the email said my meeting was supposed to be held with no word of who it was supposed to be with. Confused they took me in there and someone would show up soon since I was early. Meeting time rolls around and someone else came in there and said there was a different scheduled meeting and had no clue what I was talking about. So if you want organization you should look elsewhere.
Missouri State University has been like a family from the very first day. Everyone here has pride in our university and supports each other, from sports to the amazing band that we have here.
Missouri State University is a great school. This should be high on anyone's list in Missouri if looking to further their education in at university.
Start Your Review of Missouri State University
I have not been enrolled as a student at Missouri State University, since I am only a Senior in High school. However, I have been on a college visit and spoken with students and professors at this school. The campus is very nice, it is not too big, but not too small. I also really like the bear bus they have that can pick you up and drop you off at designated locations, it is very handy. MSU has also made efforts for safety, which is something I am very happy about. I can't wait to start school at Missouri State University Fall of 2019!
Missouri State is a great college. It is in Southwest Missouri, so students from rural areas all around often come, but it is also not far from major cities like St. Louis. The tuition costs are the best around for a quality degree.
Missouri State is awesome to do online college through! I have been enrolled in a few MSU online classes and they are very easy to work with. The classes are made to help you learn. My friend attends school here and has helped me with rating the food and environment.
Missouri State is a very diverse school with students from all over the world. O have made friends with people from around the world and it has helped me appreciate other cultures as well as mine. One thing that can be improved is the spaces for parking. There are not enough spaces for students to park and it is sometimes stressful looking for somewhere to park.
I enjoyed the friends I made and the memories created. The surrounding neighborhoods are not the best but it was still fun. The parties were crazy, the teachers were great and the rec center is amazing.
I love MSU because of the atmosphere, the education and the friendships that I've made here! The amount of attention to detail that professors have here and the material that is being taught is all material that is current and relevant not out dated.
I went to visit before I applied and the school wants you to be there! I got accepted this summer and will be attending Fall of 2019. The food is good, the criminology program is GREAT, dorms are really nice, and the campus is SO pretty! The school and school groups put together a very fun welcome weekend along with little fun stress reliever events during the year. This school is to help you get your education but also having a great time in college.
I love that Missouri State is open to new ideas, making new students comfortable, and having a fun enviornment.
Missouri State is very welcoming, safe, and the staff makes sure you understand material versus just memorizing the material. The students are also very helpful and welcoming to new students. The staff is very diverse and the campus is a very open and clean campus.
Missouri State University is very diverse and full of acceptance. I have had outstanding and carring proffesors and they far outway the few bad apples I've had. It is in a great location and I feel safe walking alone on campus. The campus shuttles are always reliable and can take you wherever you need to go on campus including buildings that are not on the main campus including buildings downtown. The bookstore is always stocked and has everything I ever need, although sometimes it is cheaper to order books online rather than go through the bookstore.
My parents went to Missouri State University when it was formerly Southern Missouri State. I am in speech and debate and I participate in their state tournament every year, and I really like the way the school is laid out and the type of encouragement that goes on at the school. It is an overall positive space.
I loved the fact that there were so many extracurricular activities to pick from. You name it, they have it, and if they don't have it, then you can make one.
Beautiful campus with lots of opportunities to get involved. The professors are generally helpful and always willing to aid students with whatever they need. Campus manages to have a small community feel while still being diverse and interesting. The only challenging part of living on campus is finding a parking spot.
The best thing about MSU is the amazing sense of community. Everyone who attends this school is so open and there’s always something new and fun to do on campus.
Start Your Review of Missouri State University
They are so open and kind, I feel at home with them. Everyone is welcoming and will to help you out with whatever.
I love the atmosphere at Missouri State University. It is very culturally diverse. I would like to see it offer a greater variety of majors.
Missouri State is a a very affordable school to attend, especially if you are a Missouri Resident. There are also plenty of opportunities to obtain gainful employment because there are many career fairs and things of that nature. The school isn’t very diverse at all, it’s pretty much white but it’s a place for everyone.