Mississippi Valley State University is ...
NCAA Division I-FCS
Southwestern Athletic Conference
Mississippi Valley State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.29 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.28 responses
Most Popular Majors
Social Work and Youth Services64 Graduates
Kindergarten and Preschool Education37 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management33 Graduates
Business Administration and Management29 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies24 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities20 Graduates
Industrial Production Technician16 Graduates
Public Relations16 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics11 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.36 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.39 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Mississippi Valley State University Reviews
As an Alumni, Mississippi Valley provided me opportunity to be in a diverse yet close net social and educational environment that is conducive to exceptional teaching. My overall experience was great. I earned my degree in psychology and went on to pursue a masters in Educational psychology. I was encouraged by the professors to continue my education. They were willing to work with the students whatever the task may be,that gave me confidence. After graduating , I was able to obtain a job in my chosen field in less than 3 months. The campus is located in the delta, therefore it is a lot of space to roam and enjoy. Mississippi Valley has great band that are known for classical and showmanship. It is one of the youngest historically black
colleges in Mississippi.
colleges in Mississippi.
Overall, Mississippi Valley State is a great school. The classes are small, so that helps students and professors relationships grow. The people are very nice and helpful. The only change would be the dorms and the living conditions for the students. The food is good on most days, and the other days it could be better. They always insure that the students are safe before anything. They have very nice southern hospitality. The classes aren't designed for you to fail and the faculty will always make sure you're ahead and in class on time.
Well I'm still a student currently, but everything is pretty good just the food is not too decent for most people. I recommend this school because it's affordable and it does not have a huge student capacity which is good for only one reason: being too crowded in classroom and also it's more peaceful. The thing about lack of students is lack of activities people may be interested in and which makes it kind of dull. The main is that we have a local college where there not much people in the city which makes it easier to drive, the only problem there are a lack of stores on campus and off campus so student could have a wider variety on what they want. These are my thoughts as an existing student there.