Mississippi State University is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Mississippi State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.125 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.133 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.133 responses
Most Popular Majors
Kinesiology and Exercise Science271 Graduates
Business Administration and Management226 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities213 Graduates
Elementary Education138 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering114 Graduates
Geology and Earth Science110 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.152 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.181 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.95 responses
Mississippi State University Reviews
Mississippi State is truly a place that embodies community, cooperation, and a feeling of having a family with all of your fellow peers and professors. There are so many opportunities at Mississippi State whether you want to write or research or shadow, there is a place for you! Everyone fits in well, and whether it's thousands of people cheering on the Dawgs in Davis Wade on game day or whether it is just a few of your closest friends eating lunch together on the drill field, there is a comfortable feeling of knowing you belong there. The involvement with people on campus ranging from philanthropic activities to Greek life to academic pursuits is absolutely astonishing. I can't think of anywhere better to attend higher education.
Mississippi State University is such a wonderful college choice, for so many reasons. Prior to coming here, I was highly indecisive between Mississippi State and Ole Miss. After my first visit to MSU, I was completely in love with the academics, campus, and town! I will forever be a huge proponent for MSU, and everything that it has have to offer. MSU has offered me so much just in the two semesters I have been here. I am majoring in Kinesiology, and every single of one the professors in this department are so helpful, and truly want to watch each student succeed. The professors in this department are particularly wonderful in assisting their students to get into grad school. Additionally, I have had a number of ways to get involved and volunteer for different organizations. I love seeing the diversity here at MSU, and at the same time realizing that we are all here for one goal, and that is being taught to be well-rounded professionals for “the real world”.
I liked the housing and dorms living on campus. Food from the cafeteria and around town was average. Athletics is a big part of this campus, football games are the best time of the year! Always check the reviews of professors and courses before taking classes. Campus life is good, southern people are nice and diversity is a strong quality among the community. Many clubs and organizations to be apart of. Employment is quite easy to find among the university and surrounding companies. Good college overall, good small town.