Mississippi State University is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Mississippi State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.125 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.126 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.126 responses
Most Popular Majors
Kinesiology and Exercise Science271 Graduates
Business Administration and Management226 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities213 Graduates
Elementary Education138 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering114 Graduates
Geology and Earth Science110 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 86 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.145 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.174 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.95 responses
Mississippi State University Reviews
Mississippi State University is one of the best schools around! The educators are dedicated to helping the students reach their goals. The curriculum was rigorous, and I really feel prepared on my job. The campus is beautiful and the football games are very lively! Overall, I love Mississippi State University!
I attended Mississippi State University as a freshman. Although it was a little overwhelming to go from a graduating class of 34 to big classes, I adjusted very well. In fact, I can truly say that attending MSU was the right choice for me. I made many new friends, got involved in many activities, and learned a lot from my classes. I recommend MSU to any high school graduate or transferring junior college student. Go DAWGS!
My first Year at Mississippi State was a good year. While Starkville might not have a lot to do, the Campus itself is almost never boring. You can walk around and see the impressive buildings, go hang with friends on the Drill field, go Cheer on your bulldogs in Football, Basketball (what streak UCONN?), Baseball, etc. Cowbells are always welcome!