Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Reviews

MGCCC is a wonderful starting place to begin anyone's college experience. The staff is extremely kind and helpful, and the teachers are amazing. Due to classes being smaller in student numbers, those who attend can truly connect with their professors and this creates a great atmosphere for learning. There are a wide selection of courses and a variety of degrees. As a bonus, the Jackson County campus even has an obstacle course and kayaking open to students.
Hospitality is really good. There are helpful employees. The teachers are excellent, and they truly aim to help students succeed!
I love Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College; the professors are amazing and they are always there for their students. I feel very safe attending MGCCC because they have a campus police department; who is always there. MGCCC goes the extra mile to get their students involve with the campus. MGCCC does not just offer full semester classes but they also offer half semester classes, weekend classes night classes, and many more options. The food is AMAZING! I would recommend MGCCC to anybody because it is a great school.
Start Your Review of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
Awesome staff that cares truly about students and do any and everything that they can do to help! Lovely school!
MGCCC has nice, homey campus you won't be able to find in other community colleges. With it being one of the top ranked community colleges in the nation, its no surprise that my experience was almost perfect. One would struggle to not find something to do on campus with all the sporting and club events constantly going on. Plus, it is also one of the only community colleges in the state of Mississippi that offers visitation to students.
My experience at MGCCC has been very average. The college is located in a small town called Perkinston Mississippi, where there is absolutely nothing to do. There is another small town named Wiggins that has decent food for the students to get a bite to eat but nothing for them to have fun. You have to drive 20 minutes up the road to Gulfport just to go to a movie or shop. Some things I would like to see change are the food in the cafeteria and the athletic department. They claim to have a great department and the stats show it, but there are some behind the scenes things that people are not aware of that need to change. It would be great if the school could have some different restaurant options around the campus but keep the price the same. We already over pay for food that isn’t the best.
The college overall tries to answer all your questions and is very helpful and has given me a good experience so far.
I liked how everyone was welcoming and how everyone makes everyone feel comfortable. I would change nothing .
MGCCC became a turning point in my life. It brought a dead-end job to a future moving full speed ahead. When I didn’t think I could, I proved myself wrong. What a journey!
Mississippi Gulf Community College is a good start in the direction into putting your foot into the college experience. The college has a very warm welcome and the people there are very nice.
If you want to stay local, it is a great choice to further your education. It is just great all the way around. Great teachers...great campus and great education.
Mississippi Gulf Coast is an excellent school! The professors are passionate about what they are teaching, so it is really easy for me to learn from someone so interested in teaching others.
I am a freshman at MGCCC. It is conveniently located, and the campus is nice. My classes are not too far apart. So far, I have had good instructors who care and help me when I need it. MGCCC has free tutoring that I have taken advantage of.
MGCCC! Seem to be a great learning opportunity for those students who dictate the self to there work an work only, what I think about change would most definitely be a private lunch room, unless I missed it..
The thing I liked most about MGCCC, was that it is a close environment. The student- teacher ratio is not large; so students are able to get one-on-one time with the professor and are able to understand the course/ chapters more.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College or MGCCC is an excellent place to go to. You can learn so much from this institution. People who go here and then onto university end up doing better than those that go straight to university after high school. I highly recommend this institution.
I am currently a sophomore at MGCCC Perkinston campus. The campus is beautiful for a community college. This college is very similar to a university, which is why I chose it. The facilities are state of the art and available to all students. A few things that need improvement would be the wellness center gym since it is very outdated with the equipment. Another suggestion would be for the crew renovating Harrison Hall to park elsewhere and have a bus pick them up. Their trucks take up about thirty parking spots that commuters use.
Start Your Review of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
I've been a student for a year now and the classes are ok. The teachers are also a hit or miss. I've never encountered a instructor that I've personally couldn't stand, but here I have. Some instructors will act like they're a god while others are more laid back.
MGCCC is a good start for those who are still wondering about their futures. The teachers I had are great. The only thing I would like to be fixed is the food. I think it can be better.
Mississippi Gulf Cost is a small community college but a wonderful start if your nervous to go to a university.