Mississippi College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NCAA Division II (with football)
Gulf South Conference
Mississippi College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.43 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.39 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.39 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management48 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science47 Graduates
Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Medicine32 Graduates
Elementary Education32 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration22 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.41 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.51 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.24 responses
Mississippi College Reviews
Mississippi College is a wonderful private institution nestled just west of Jackson, Mississippi. Located in suburbia, it is a safe and small environment. The professors are all top-notch and very helpful, with great Christian witnesses and attitudes. Professor to student ratio is wonderful, and office hours are helpful if needed. Free tutoring is also available! In the future, I would like to see Mississippi College expand and grow. It is a wonderful school.
I live in MS, am a non-traditional student and looking to change careers by pursuing my Masters degree in a subject that is not associated with my Bachelors degree. I had two colleges within the state on my list. The first one was not willing to work with me AT ALL. They basically wanted me to start over with a Bachelors degree and waste 4 more years of my life. I then visited Mississippi College and it was a completely different experience. The professors were extremely excited about my choice and assured me that my BS degree was not a problem and that they would build my pre-requisites into the Graduate degree. They treated me like a perspective graduate student/adult instead of an incoming 18 year old freshman like the "other guys". I am so pleased and proud to be a Choctaw!
Going to Mississippi College has been one of the best decisions and experiences I have had! The people are so friendly and caring! The staff put in so much effort to ensure your success and well being. Not to mention the warm atmosphere and homie feel you get as soon as you walk on campus. Also very God centered and serving oriented!