Minnesota State University Moorhead is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
Minnesota State University Moorhead Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Neither required nor recommended
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.51 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.51 responses
Most Popular Majors
Social Work and Youth Services94 Graduates
Elementary Education88 Graduates
Business Administration and Management84 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science57 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies54 Graduates
Speech Language Pathology39 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.47 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.63 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
Colleges like Minnesota State University Moorhead
- B-Bemidji State University
- 4 Year
- Bemidji, MN
- 502 reviews
- C+Southwest Minnesota State University
- 4 Year
- Marshall, MN
- 285 reviews
- BMinnesota State Community & Technical College
- 2 Year
- Fergus Falls, MN
- 203 reviews
- A-North Dakota State University
- 4 Year
- Fargo, ND
- 1,101 reviews
Minnesota State University Moorhead Reviews
My experience at Minnesota State University Moorhead is unlike any other! The campus is a very inviting environment; there are always events going on whether it is sports, diversity, or arts. The professors give off a warm, caring aroma. No student should be afraid to ask for help from their professor; they are always willing whether it is through office hours or email. MSUM offers many ways to help students succeed; from tutoring to the Wellness Center for physical health. The campus is just the right size, not too small yet not overwhelming as well. As soon as I visited MSUM my senior year of high school, I knew it was home. Though, what I would like to see change is the exclusion from some activities held on campus. For example, they have activities that exclude some students from clubs or learning communities. I wish for more equality in allowing all students to be involved. Otherwise, I believe MSUM is a great place full of opportunities for students to further their education.
I had an amazing time at Moorhead pursuing an Animation degree. I took many film classes for this degree and the professors were great! They knew how to teach and made it interesting. Every once and a while I'd run into a tough professor that may have made a class challenging, but as long as I worked hard, I got amazing grades. The food could use some work. I remember the food takings awesome in the beginning and really starting to suck at the end. They do have an asian grill though, so that is a huge plus! The student life is great. I got an updated dorm, so that is nice. I would recommend 100% joining a learning community. I have that to thank for my success academically and socially on campus. The athletics aren't horrible. I know a lot of people say they go unheard of, but I was on the rugby and ultimate frisbee team. It was fun and the people on the teams took it seriously.
My first year at MSUM has been amazing! I enjoy the diverse on-campus activities that are available. My professors and advisors have been an invaluable bonus to my education. The classes offered through MSUM, as well as the tri-college arrangement, will prepare me for my future. Dorm life, while being an obvious change from living at home with my parents, has been a major asset to starting my education. Moorhead is a great community to be a part of.