Minnesota State is an above-average public university located in Mankato, Minnesota. It is a large institution with an enrollment of 11,009 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Minnesota State acceptance rate is 62%. Popular majors include Nursing, Liberal Arts and Humanities, and Communications. Graduating 51% of students, Minnesota State alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $35,600.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.66 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.68 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.85 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.97 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.53 responses
Colleges like Minnesota State University, Mankato
- B+University of Minnesota - Rochester
- 4 Year
- Rochester, MN
- 155 reviews
- B-Bemidji State University
- 4 Year
- Bemidji, MN
- 508 reviews
- B-Metropolitan State University - Minnesota
- 4 Year
- Saint Paul, MN
- 418 reviews
- B+Winona State University
- 4 Year
- Winona, MN
- 831 reviews
Minnesota State University, Mankato Reviews
I really enjoy all that the school has to offer in terms of extracurriculars. There’s always intramural sports you can do with teams, and there’s a huge gym and rock climbing wall. There’s always stuff in the student center going on as well. There’s plenty of organizations and clubs to get involved with, as well as Greek life, which I am part of. Being in a fraternity has completely changed my college experience for the better and I don’t regret coming to his great school one bit!
When I first started at Minnesota State University, Mankato I didn't plan to stay. Ii wanted to finish my general education requirements and then transfer out. One of the first business courses that I took was a business preparation course and through it I was able to meet some of the faculty and staff. I now have three faculty and staff members that I consider mentors and they have provided me with opportunity after opportunity to pull myself out of my comfort zone and strengthen my skillset. I'd love to see more students take advantage of all the University has to offer!
Minnesota State, Mankato is where it’s at! The campus is beautiful and has so many new constructions. There is a diverse student body and academic program. My relations with professors have been great and I love my classes. Dorms are renovated and all have sinks which is really nice.