Minnesota State is an above-average public university located in Mankato, Minnesota. It is a large institution with an enrollment of 10,832 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Minnesota State acceptance rate is 61%. Popular majors include Nursing, Liberal Arts and Humanities, and Communications. Graduating 48% of students, Minnesota State alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $35,600.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.66 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.69 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.69 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.86 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.98 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.53 responses
Colleges like Minnesota State University, Mankato
- B+University of Minnesota - Rochester
- 4 Year
- Rochester, MN
- 155 reviews
- B-Bemidji State University
- 4 Year
- Bemidji, MN
- 512 reviews
- B-Metropolitan State University - Minnesota
- 4 Year
- Saint Paul, MN
- 426 reviews
- B+Winona State University
- 4 Year
- Winona, MN
- 846 reviews
Minnesota State University, Mankato Reviews
I believe Minnesota State University, Mankato deserves a 5/5 star rating because there is wonderful diversity and offers room to grow in the crazy rollercoaster that college is! They offer great programs and offer students participation in their community. I am currently attending this University and I couldn't be more happier with this school! I have no objections.
It may not be the largest university in America, but it honestly doesn't need to be for students looking to have fun and get their academics in check. The professors do not look down on you for how you live your life and it makes the experience that much more comfortable and safe. It's equal parts homely and professional, going out of its way to make everyone feel welcome. All of these perks with a lighter impact on your wallet, to top it all off!
I really enjoy all that the school has to offer in terms of extracurriculars. There’s always intramural sports you can do with teams, and there’s a huge gym and rock climbing wall. There’s always stuff in the student center going on as well. There’s plenty of organizations and clubs to get involved with, as well as Greek life, which I am part of. Being in a fraternity has completely changed my college experience for the better and I don’t regret coming to his great school one bit!