Minneapolis Community & Technical College Reviews

My experience at MCTC has been positive overall. I feel that the education I have gotten via the addiction counseling program has provided adequate knowledge and support through the excellent faculty. That being said, it is sad to say that due to lack of funding and the school being a community college there have been budget cuts and loss of great educators. Funding is something that can be difficult especially at a school that is providing fair pricing for students of diverse backgrounds. These diverse backgrounds make this school a eclectic place full of life, in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. I have had a great expereince thus far and would recomment this school to anyone.
I loved it here. They're very open to student envolvement. I got my AAS in CNC Machining here, opening up TONS of high paying job opportunities. Was able to host a Mayoral forum at the College, testified at the state house education committee because they're connected to the state-wide Student Senate LeadMN. They look after Veterans, and are incredibly culturally diverse. The leadership there is working hard to raise up the school, and I am proud to have been a part of this institution in the midst of that. It truely was a privilege. Not to mention it's the most affordable Community and Technical college in the state. So their providing opportunity and economic mobility to those who need it the most. I'll say it again, they sell freedom at the most affordable rate, to the most disenfranchised people there are. It truely is a special, and frankly holy, space in our community, because of that.
Love almost everything. I'm in the nursing program and all the professors are top notch. Same with the teachers in my prerequisites.
Start Your Review of Minneapolis Community & Technical College
I am currently attending Minneapolis Community and Technical College to obtain my associates degree, and then transfer to a university after I complete my two years. There are so many options and opportunities for different studies. If you're a person of color there is a very diverse community within MCTC, and there are programs for other minority groups. As a Native American I found a sense of community within MCTC because there wasn't a huge population Indigenous people when I went to high school, after attending MCTC and finding out there is a program for Native students and for other minority groups, it was very refreshing. There is other such as fine arts and activities, and student government. There is something for everyone.
The professors are very understanding, open-minded, and liberated people. A space where I, as a woman and a person of color, feel comfortable.
I spent the last two years here. The general classes are not the best, but once you get into something specific you can take yourself very far.
The professors at this community college are great, because they care about each individuals education and higher educations goals.
I transferred to Minneapolis Community & Technical College because it was a cheaper alternative to expensive state school tuition. I love the campus and the professors, but the parking is poor, and the housing options are little to none due to the fact that it's directly downtown. Otherwise, everyone has been super accommodating and it's an overall very welcoming environment.
So far so good. The enrollment process was easy. I was a transfer student and pretty much all my credits was equivelant~
The campus has grown so much through the years. They have a really nice park outside the campus. The teachers are very nice and helpful. The school has a very diverse staff and students. The school is very helpful with students needs.
I have dound MCTC to be wonderful school to begin your collegiate academic career. It's campus diversity and location in downtown Minneapolis gives a student plenty to choose from. The school offers many opportunities for sucess, student aid, free tutors, and has great staff and a dedicated team of directors who's job is to make sure your in a good and safe learning environment. Weather you are new to to college fresh out of high school or a returning student like myself Minneapolis Community and Technical College is a great experience in your life.
I don't I don't like the fact that the advisors that are assigned to the students are not actively involved with the students academics. They don't seem to be of much support or provide any Intervention when students may be about to fail classes.
I like the affordability of this school. And I like the diversity. The school does a good job with offering different programs to students of their culture. It is a small college and the classes are not full which allows the students to have longer one on one times with the professors. The school also prides it self on creating programs that students are interested in. The only thing I would change is for the staff to be more available to the evening students.
I appreciate that Minneapolis Community Technical College is diverse and affordable. I believe the community college needs to improve on keeping their students more safe. I've heard of a few instances where people have been harmed and sexually asaulted on the campus. All students should never have to worry about being traumatized in their learning environment. The quality of achedemics are many times, you get why you put into it. If you work hard to learn something, you will. In my experience most professors are engaging and want you to succeed. Many of them are available and encourage their students to succeed. There is a specific psychology in good teaching. Proffesors should have mandatory training with other schools in the area and around the world. This way it challenges us to be learning and creates competition for knowledge and understanding. Most of the professors at MCTC are passionate an like what they do.
Like most colleges, the administrative staff is not always helpful with the clarification to clear confusion among students. The college is currently in a "rebranding phase" and there seems to be a revolving door of directors. Hopefully, in the nearby future, everything becomes more consistent and efficient with the welfare of the students in mind.
Very small classes. So many classes to choose from and works excellent with your work and or family schedule which is important!
For the most part I have had a great experience during my time at MCTC. I am going into my last semester which I have completed all of my classes online. The only time I have had an issue was with the academic advisor that I was assigned. I had been scheduled on numerous occasions to meet with him both in person and over the phone. Each time he was not there for the appointment nor was there communication that he needed to reschedule. Luckily there was another advisor that was there to assist me and keep me on track.
Very diverse environment. Staff is always willing to help make sure you are on track. I am a photography and digital imaging major and the professors are amazing and very professional.
Start Your Review of Minneapolis Community & Technical College
I loved this campus in downtown Minneapolis. It was a fun and diverse way to earn a degree. I would recommend it for anyone looking for their Associates degree or certifications.
Minneapolis Community & Technical College Is a very inexpensive college I love how you can still live and not suffering paying for college and apartment at the time. But it has amazing teacher everyone in the school is a teacher whether they are licensed or not because some students know more then the teaches and you can learn something everyday.
The campus is small and easy to locate classrooms. The commute there was not the best, but they have a parking garage for students.