Minneapolis Community & Technical College Reviews

The Architectural Technology program is excellent. Most students are employed by local firms after the first year of classes, some earlier. Teachers go above and beyond to engage students in relavent material and create an office like environment. Great opportunities to volunteer and start networking as well. Many guest speakers and connections with local architecture, interior design, and engineering firms.
I am a PSEO high school student attending MCTC. My experience here wasn't and still isn't to great. I wish they would care a little bit more about their students. I understand they have a lot, but it would be nice. I wish they would change the way some of the professors communicate. Many of them don't get back to you for a while.
Best school I ever had beacuse their flexible teacher and breathtaking tutoring. Advisors are very amazing you hep you meet you academic needings and career pathways.
Review Minneapolis Community & Technical College
It's a great school. Great location. But I wish they would change the add\drop period to two weeks after start date instead of one.
MCTC is a great school for those looking to get a degree in a technical or vocational career. The student population is extremely diverse which makes the experience just that much better. All of the professors I have taken courses from are very invested in their students' success and hold them to very high standards. Overall, it was a great education.
Overall, I find that Niche is a really user friendly site. This is important to me because I dislike when it is difficult to navigate through sites.
Love the diversity and access to different programs and degrees. The music department could use some improvement.
This is my second semester here. So far, it's been a pretty good experience overall. Professors are very helpful and friendly, students are friendly and motivated, classes aren't completely confusing, and staff members are also pretty friendly and helpful. I would like to see more representation of some student groups, though.
Classes and online courses are very flexible and the professors are very understanding when it comes to life events. I have not transferred schools yet so there have been no frustrations.
I've taken several online courses here and they've all been very manageable and user-friendly. It's helpful for me to take classes at home and work on homework on my own time as it helps me be more self-reliant and exercises many independent skills that I need in life.
As I've said before, Alumni are very helpful and the school offers many resources for students looking to pursue or further their careers.
Professors are very understanding and push students to do their best. I feel I've learned a lot from my classes and my professors, and have gotten to know them well.
The student career center has been very helpful in answering any questions I've had and offering helpful tips into career services. Alumni are very friendly and more than willing to help, the same can be said for the rest of the faculty. I feel very confident that graduating from this school will give me a good advantage in applying for jobs.
My professors have taught me a lot about the things I want to know and things I need to know, providing helpful information and interesting concepts that affect me on a day to day basis.
MCTC is a wonderful, diverse campus that has offered me great insight into the kind of career I want to pursue and how I can achieve my goals.
My program offers classes during the day M-Th, which has worked really well for me. I didn't have any issues or hassle with transferring to this school, it was pretty painless.
My experience with courses and professors at this school have been really great. Our class size is about 10 which I think is great because it feels like you get more one on one time. The courses I have taken are very informative and I look forward to going every day. Its a good feeling overall.
Review Minneapolis Community & Technical College
The program director emails the students any job opp/internships that she comes across during the school year. One thing that made me chose this school for my program is the fact that she helps her students get jobs so that when everyone graduates they are able to start working right away.
I feel that the professors are very knowledgeable in this field. They are all practicing architects which is reassuring that I am learning the correct information. The professors care about our future, they want us to succeed. They will help us get internships and jobs while we are still in school, and my favorite thing is they will help place us in a career when we are close to graduating so that we have a job lined up.
I have been enrolled at other community colleges and universities. I really enjoy coming to this school and feel proud to be enrolled. I didn't like that the other community college I attended felt like an even bigger high school. MCTC does NOT give me that feeling.