Milwaukee School of Engineering Reviews

MSOE is a great place for a math lover, the different engineering programs are challenging, exciting and top ranked across the country. The college is located downtown Milwaukee which gives countless opportunities of entertainment and exploration.
Although I have not attended MSOE as a student yet, I have applied and will be a student there next year. The staff and administration have made it so that applying and getting scholarships was easy, and personal. My application adviser has been excellent and ensures that he checks in on how everything is going.
MSOE is a stellar institution as far as academics and return on investment. The instructors are insane and really push you to your limits, however, because of that companies know that they get great candidates from the school. However, the school has much to be gained as far as student life and diversity.
Start Your Review of Milwaukee School of Engineering
The dorms are old. Food is terrible, very difficult to eat healthy. Some professors are great while others can be terrible. Would definitely ask older students who to take.
t is a very challenging school. If you are looking for easy grades or parties then it is NOT for you. I know people land their career in east coast and west coast so you are not limited in midwest. Again, there is no easy grade so please blame yourself if you dont have a good gpa. In fact, i dont have a good gpa but i was able to get multiple job offers before graduation. I was told by employers and alumnus that employer will take MSOE over UW-Madison quite often. I really appreciate the teachers and people that i met there!
Very small campus; people are extremely friendly; everything is within close proximity; professors are good and will always be willing to help you
My experience at MSOE University has been more than I imagined. The professors are willing to help with any questions about course material and are very open to helping students during office hours and class time. Being a part of the Women's soccer team has taught me about hard work, and what it means to be a part of a team which will help me in my career choice of nursing. The direct admit nursing program also is also an experience I am so glad to have. It is easy to seek help from other nursing students, as we are already in the program and not competing against one another to be accepted into it. It is also a huge advantage to start clinical a year earlier than schools that do not have direct admission.
So far my experience at MSOE has been great! I am very involved with organizations on campus that are connecting me to people working in my industry.
It's pretty close to other places and its a really nice school. People are friendly and the teachers are superb. Overall, my experience has been great so far. ?
Housing and meals are great. Friendly atmosphere. The professors actually are there to teach. The only downside was there were a few mistakes made with my finances.
I love the city atmosphere and the openness of the campus. There isn't much unity among the students though. It is definitely a school that you attend solely for the academics and maybe athletics but not so much any on campus activities.
Milwaukee School of Engineering provides students with an excellent education. All classes and labs are completely taught by the professors, since there are no teacher assistants. In their first term, students take classes within their major. This helps students discern whether their chosen major is the right fit and provides immediate exposure to material that they will use in their collegiate and post-collegiate careers. By using the trimester system, the school gives its students exposure to a large range of classes and material. If one succeeds at the school, a degree from Milwaukee School of Engineering is highly respected, at least in the surrounding area. The school provides all of the necessary tools to find a quality job before graduating.
Excellent describes this school the best! Not only does Milwaukee school of Engineering offer great classes but it's also located in a beautiful city with plenty to do.
I am just starting in the Fall of 2017. But so far everything has been wonderful. Everyone has helped and seems to be friendly. I have not had any problems transferring in.
Non-Liberal Arts school, gets you started in your major right away and guaranteed 4 years (passing every class)
Hard classes but teachers are willing to work with you.
MSOE was the right choice for me. The course load is challenging enough for me but not impossible (I'm a nursing student not an engineer), and leaves me with enough time to get involved on campus with InterVarsity and Theatre Troop and workout six days a week.
I am presently in MSOE, I love how friendly the teachers are. It makes the evironment condusive for studies. Similarly, the method of teaching makes me very mych interested in knowing more about my field.
Start Your Review of Milwaukee School of Engineering
I loved speaking with the admissions counselors, as well as the student leading the campus tour. The way that the counselor gave me, what was basically a layout of my classes for the next seven years, which I really loved.
If you are looking for a challenge, MSOE is the way to go. I never felt challenged in high school, but it is completely the opposite at MSOE. The rare few moments that I am not being pushed to my limit, are spent relaxing and mentally recovering. If you truly are ambitious, then this is a great school, just be prepared to put in a lot of time and effort.
Good school and tough at times but overall I could not ask for a better experience. The city life is amazing and there is tons to do in and outside of the campus. Top notch professors and tons of hands on lab experience. Athletics are some of the best in the Midwest if not the nation. You will meet and make many good relationships along the way.