- Academicsgrade A minus
- Valuegrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade C+
- Athleticsgrade C+
- Party Scenegrade B+
- Professorsgrade B+
- Locationgrade A+
- Dormsgrade C
- Campus Foodgrade C+
- Student Lifegrade A minus
- Safetygrade A minus
Since 1903, we’ve been an academic institution intrinsically tied to the real world—a confluence of business knowledge, work ethic, and an enduring desire to know more. A small university dedicated to achieving big things. We are a tight-knit group of like-minded individuals—professors with years of industry experience who come to mold the eager and determined; students who pursue their passions with tenacity and resilience. Together, we unriddle the impossible and reinvent the way things are done.
MSOE students are bright, creative, hard-working and fun to be around. Ours is a close-knit community of about 3,000 students, faculty and staff—large enough for big opportunities and small enough for personal attention.
Our faculty are passionate about teaching. MSOE does not use teaching assistants, and our professors have an average of seven years industry experience each. This allows them to bring their practical knowledge to the classroom.
Milwaukee School of Engineering Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 34 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 34 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Mechanical Engineering122 Graduates
- Electrical Engineering87 Graduates
- Nursing68 Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering44 Graduates
- Computer Hardware Engineering44 Graduates
- Industrial Engineering39 Graduates
- Computer Software Engineering36 Graduates
- Architectural Engineering23 Graduates
- Business18 Graduates
- Chemical Engineering18 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 35 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 40 responses
- Nerd academy37%
- Nerd Center16%
- Home away from home5%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 19 responses
Milwaukee School of Engineering Reviews
In general the classroom experience is should be review on a course/instructor basis. Classes that didn't have a lab section associated with it seemed easier for professors to adapt to and the transition was smoother. Classes that initially had an in-person lab were a bit harder to work around. Some professors were able to make suitable changes to make sure students understood the importance of the lab experiments, but since in most cases, students weren't able to gain hands-on experience with the equipment needed to perform the experiment, skill development and confidence suffered.
Currently, the school runs on a 3 term/school year (not including summer). This means that the pace at which course material is cover is expedited; which then falls on the students to understand through aggressive work loads. The trimester system also makes incredibly challenging to transfer in and out of the school.
If you're able to obtain an degree from this institution, you'll be rewarded with a great career outlooks and income earnings. MSOE also has a strong alumni program. Many students who graduate from MSOE who moving onto management positions tend to hire other MSOE graduates because there is a reassurance that the individual is determined and passionate about their career field.