Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.9 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.14 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.14 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.16 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.11 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.12 responses
Colleges like Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- B-Milwaukee Area Technical College
- 2 Year
- Milwaukee, WI
- 515 reviews
- BMinneapolis College of Art & Design
- 4 Year
- Minneapolis, MN
- 208 reviews
- BSchool of the Art Institute of Chicago
- 4 Year
- Chicago, IL
- 630 reviews
- B-Kansas City Art Institute
- 4 Year
- Kansas City, MO
- 290 reviews
Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design Reviews
Coming from out of state, I can say that I have truly fallen in love with the city of Milwaukee and MIAD. The professors here are friendly and accommodating, and I can tell that I am set up for success. My advice to incoming freshman: just visit! See if you like it yourself. MIAD (and art school) is not for everyone.
Absolutely fantastic. Very open-minded place, and friendly too. Is a safe place to express yourself, and you get to meet amazing people along the way. Also, MIAD has many connections to help you in the future!
My experience with MIAD has been amazing. It is an expensive school, but worth it in the long run. You make memorable connections with both your peers and your instructors. The competition among your peers is healthy and makes you strive to do better than the last critique. It’s location is great, next to the lake and plenty of cafes and restaurants to grab a bite and other places to find inspiration. I wish I had known about this school much sooner than I had. And I will be sad when I leave it behind. I would highly recommend going to this school. But, only if you are willing to bear the costs and the heavy work load.