COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The health and safety of our community is important to us. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B+
- Valuegrade B+
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade C+
- Athleticsgrade B minus
- Party Scenegrade B+
- Professorsgrade A minus
- Locationgrade B minus
- Dormsgrade C+
- Campus Foodgrade C
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade B minus
You don’t come here. You belong here.
Every college will tell you why it’s special. At Millsaps, we’re special because of students like you.
There’s a lot that happens on our 100 acres in the heart of Jackson, Mississippi. You will learn broadly and deeply. You will find talents or interests you’ve never explored. You will develop friendships that will last a lifetime.
With nearly 40 majors from which to choose, Millsaps prepares you for the work you want to do with your life, whether it’s in. business, medicine, politics, the classics, the arts or the sciences. Your classroom experiences will blend these areas together, building a strong foundation to support you throughout your career. So whether you major in accounting or philosophy, chemistry or music, you will graduate with an appreciation for—and understanding of—broader disciplines that will stay with you for life.
Come visit us, and find out why you’ll belong at Millsaps College.
Millsaps College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 11 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 14 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 14 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business33 Graduates
- Accounting21 Graduates
- Psychology20 Graduates
- Biology16 Graduates
- Sociology10 Graduates
- Neuroscience and Neurobiology9 Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology8 Graduates
- History8 Graduates
- Economics7 Graduates
- Political Science and Government7 Graduates
Biology at Millsaps
Research opportunities include molecular and cell biology, genetics, microbiology and developmental biology. Field opportunities in ecology, evolutionary biology and conservation biology are available, as faculty lead excursions in the state, the American Southwest and at the college’s field station in Mexico. In 2019, Millsaps boasted a 100% acceptance rate to medical school for its graduates.
- Intelligent students who get wild when it's time55%
- Polite, Courteous, and Accepting.36%
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big. 18 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life. 24 responses
- Close knit55%
- Home away from home18%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 7 responses