Mildred Elley School - New York Reviews

Well I have started my classes yet. But I can’t wait since my admission advisor and Financial aid have been helping me out a lot to start my LPN career. I will put more reviews of when I start my classes and when I end the program.
Everyone is friendly. Any questions you may have they will answer without a problem. The application process is fast and easy. If you’re sitting in the waiting room for more than 10 minutes a representative comes to you to make sure whatever you’re there to do will get done in a matter of no time. Overall great experience.
In order to succeed at Mildred Elley students need to be highly self-sufficient. Initially you are lead to believe that someone will guide you but in truth after you're enrolled you are on your own. This is not to say that there aren't many opportunities for success, you just have to create them. There are many resources available but no one will show them to you.
Start Your Review of Mildred Elley School - New York
As a teen mom who had dropped out of high school i was stuck with limited opportunities. My mother who had went through the same as me (as far as having a child and dropping out of school) told me about Mildred Elley and said they offer a GED program with classes in college. Now i am enrolled in Mildred Elley as a medical assistant with GED classes and will be graduation with my GED and my associates degree. if it wasn't for Mildred Elley i wouldn't have A second chance to better myself and my child's life.
This school only care about how many students they have and what money comes in. I called for my advisor to say I could not make it my sister died. He did not return my call. Instead he gave me a F! WHAT A CRAP!
#1 when it comes to job placement / love the effort they put into career services. teachers are mixed quality but for the most part very strong in my experience. Terrific school, and I don't say that lightly.
Happy graduate here from the NYC campus. Had a terrific couple years here.. it was time and money well spent. Big shout out to the financial aid department, to the professors, and to career services. My only regret is that I wish I had gotten serious about my career earlier than I did. Can only focus on the present though!
I like Mildred Elley alot, and M E is particularly great for the non typical college student (my opinion). For example, I'm coming back to school here after many years away from the academic world. A lot of veterans, women with children, older folks (comparatively), you get the picture. It's a very diverse overall population and it's a great environment for all kinds of success, whatever that means to you.
If you value your career and are focused on getting a JOB, then this is the school for you. This is not the typical collegiate experience. I'll reiterate what other students have already said: the caring staff and career placement office make this worth every penny.
The school was exciting untill all of my professors quit. This began a revolving door of bad professors. Many blatant told is they weren’t going to teach the medical courses as required. Other teachers focused on their boyfriends and private life. For 3 months we did not have electricity in the Massage lab. Yet we’re charged the full $1500. After the Principal and other Executive said we would be refunded. End result only 2 out of 15 students passed the NY state massage exam. Several of us filed complaints but the state of New York and US Dept of education did nothing to help or recoup overcharges and some false charges to our aid were dropped. Stay away. I’m also listed as attending to shore up numbers when I graduated 2017
I remember when I first visited, I had the best experience with admissions giving me a private tour all around campus. My time at Mildred Elley has been super positive since then, with a big shout out to the strong academics and great professors. When you're looking at an investment like an educational institution, I believe you have to look at the value you're getting out of it and see if the juice is worth the squeeze. In this case, I have to say the value really can't be beat and the location is prime: you're getting experience in the heart of NYC! Great food, great diversity, and great overall return on investment.
Loved it here! I always wanted to become a nurse, but the teachers and staff helped me really solidify that decision. Appreciate everything.
Mildred Elley has given me the opportunity to complete my goals. The teaching methods are not elementary. Everything is fast paced and the Instructors provide you with the right tools and information to accomplish your goals. They are there to help you every step of the way. The staff is amazing!! The Academic Advisors strive to help you in every way. They always help you as long as you go through the proper channels. No College, University or Technical school is easy, but Mildred Elley does whatever is possible to help all students. I'm going to miss Mildred Elley since I am reaching the end of my journey. I am very proud to be at Mildred Elley as a student. My decision to be a student at this Institution of higher learning has been the best I have ever made.
Becoming a practical nurse has always been the goal, so I regret waiting so long before coming here. But I woke up in 2016 and realized now's the time and I haven't looked back since. Really appreciate the opportunity here and the teachers know their stuff.
For profit schools get a lot of shade but I think it's undeserved. I like that they have to hit certain job quotas -- means their goals are aligned with ours, unlike traditional colleges. I'm having a good experience so far.
I would like to start out by stating that I got a lot of financial aid help on my tuition, so I can't speak to the school's expense if that makes sense. But the school is incredible! The pace is FAST so you can't rest on your laurels. Teaching quality is up and down depending, but overall I had a great experience.
Good experience. Make the best of it and put in the time otherwise you might not love it -- do your work, see professors after class, etc. No one will make you, so make yourself do it and take advantage of the resources offered to you.
Start Your Review of Mildred Elley School - New York
The classes are flexible, and most professors are very smart and willing to help you out. If you need 1-on-1 time, they'll do that no problem. There is a lot of material packed into a short period of time but its manageable. Career placement is a big big help!
The best! So happy with my decision to come here. The night schedule is convenient and the class sizes aren't too big, which was a big plus for me. Tutoring is available for those that need it, and lifetime career placement too.
I like my experience here so far. You hear a lot of inspirational stories from graduating classmates about certificates and degrees holding real weight in the job market, so that's comforting. Professors are knowledgeable of the materials they are teaching, and are available if you need help.