Mildred Elley School - New York Reviews

Mildred elley is the worst school I ever been in, the administrators does not help you, the admission reps lies to you about the school, the professor don't do their job to teach you. Who ever want to come to this institution do your research before come in and signed the dotted line.I am business major I don't know why I wasted 9 months here , I am going to withdraw out of this school the end of this module.
Mildred Elley NYC campus, has the potential to be a great school. With weekend and night classes to accommodate folk who are work as well as single parents. The course work is not difficult however your are only given eight week to study and be ready for a final exam. Mildred Elley lacks in student supportive services. Student are being told they need to continue attend school while students are in crisis i.e. Domestic violence, learning disabilities, childcare and homelessness. Some professor for the most part are cool other lack the passion and may language barriers. It would be amazing to see other course outside of medical business and legal at the metro campus.
If you value your education,money and time. This school isn't for you, many classes are passed off as a skeleton of what they should cover. Run fast and far away. I regret this place
Review Your College
The schedule and speed of the program is what really attracted me to it. I work the day shift so the ability to go to school in the evening was perfect. Initially I was in school 4 evenings a week, each class only lasting about 3 hours. Once I crossed into the LPN program I was only on campus 1-2 evenings a week. The only inconvenience I see for an evening student is that clinicals are in the day at a hospital nowhere near campus.
The online course is the worst! The professors offer no feedback only back to back assignments. We have to post to forums weekly and it feels as though we are teaching each other the material; which is scary when you see the blind leading the blind.
I get along well with all of the professors because I'm there to learn and pretty much teach myself; so I make their job easier. I can count on one hand the TRUE professors in that school. One professor literally admitted he was only there for the paycheck.
After I signed the dotted line to enroll in the school, my so called advisor was MIA. The simple fact that clinicals will be in one of the worst hospitals in the city does not instill a lot of confidence in future job prospects.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
There are literally 10 students in my class. The president told me himself that only 15% of TEAS takers passed it. The workload is what you'd expect but the teaching isn't as hands on as it should be for such a small class size.
Mildred Elley is basically self-taught. They provide you with a classroom, a professor's presence, and textbooks, if you truly want to succeed it is up to you.
i havnt transfer credits but i was told its really bad
class size where small max will be 20 students. but class will be very long as 3 hours or 4
all the staff are welcoming and friendly. you can do work study
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
you will have a internship at the end of the class requirement. it is know they are suppose to help you find a job and if you dont have clothing for interviews they will provide that for you.
the school is expensive and fast with education. you will graduate early
They got kicked out of hospital clinicals for insufficient education. Lie about opportunities to pick clinicals. Worst hospital Coney Island. No job fairs, many students graduate and cant find work.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
LPN teacher refers you to tutoring instead of teaching the class, no products to do practicals on, very lazy. Professor comes to school unprepared on days of tests, reschedules a lot. Rude, spiteful and pretends to care. Favoritism is done she let's students retest yet didn't allow me to because she is aware of me complaining about her teaching. The students are bribed with retesting to cover up her horrible teaching and to keep them from reporting her.
I left the LPN program! $20,000 tuition but can only hire ONE nursing professor for the entire school for the entire 8 months. She is unorganized, prejudice, lazy to teach, shows favoritism. The Dean & President does nothing after stating they were aware of complaints. I had great grades until the professor gave a final which she did not include things she told us to study on the test. The Dean blamed me after I repeatedly reported this professor. The entire class is dissatisfied but they know how desperate NURSING students are so they ignore our concerns since they have the money. AVOID! I am reporting them to ACEN. Never enough supplies to practice with & clinicals in the worst hospital Coney Island. School was kicked out of other hospitals for insufficient education. The school lies to Medical Assisting students and promise a bridge program from MA to BSN very untruthful & misleading. They take advantage of immigrant students who does not understand American school culture. Gives you classes you don't need, make you buy books you never use. School is after your MONEY! Avoid coming here take it from a student who WITHDREW FROM THE LPN PROGRAM AFTER COMPLETING ONE MODULE. I was denied a retest because it's against school policy yet other students were allowed to take them. President Bernie Price walks around with a huge smile all day but truly ignores concerns of students and mumbles under that smile. A fake impersonation. Dean Chris Schnupp can care less and blames you for not doing well after ignoring many complaints about the professor. Horrible school!
Review Your College
I had the best experience with the admissions and the administrator they gave me a tour all around campus.
  • Jan 12 2015
  • Campus
My school is associated with many different college after I finish my certificate, so I can continued my studies and finish my degree.
  • Jan 12 2015
  • Value
I'm taking nursing that is what offered at my school, the registration process was a bit long but smooth.