Middlebury College Reviews

Middlebury is an excellent college for studying economics. The campus can be a bit claustrophobic and the winters are harsh.
I love Middlebury, there are so many things to get involved in and so many passionate students and professors.
In my current role, I travel to college campuses around the country to recruit and interview students for positions at my company. I see lots of different schools and interact with dozens of student populations. Each campus has a different vibe and feel, and conversations in campus coffee shops range from purely academic to purely social. I loved Middlebury for the blend of high caliber academics, a hardworking student body, and a focus on active, healthy lifestyles. Students at Middlebury balance work and play, and a weekend was never without hours in the library or miles of hiking, running or biking. The teachers have high expectations for your work, but they understand there's more to get out of college than acing every exam. As I tour college campuses today, I look for candidates who strike that same balance, who take their work seriously, but they don't take themselves too seriously. That's what Middlebury is about.
Start Your Review of Middlebury College
Middlebury is a great school with a lot of really interesting professors and staff. I definitely feel like I've grown a lot as a person since coming here. I would warn that coming in as a Feb makes things very hard because mid year integration is difficult.
Cold cold cold. It’s cold here. You think a new climate will be an adventure until it’s your reality. Great professors.
If you're looking to be educated with wealthy white students this is the place. The academics are strong but there is more to education than this.
Middlebury is a good school. Classes are great and you can learn so much here. It's nice too because the learning doesn't just happen in the classroom. I learn every day from participating in non-academic groups and also just from talking with my friends. The social life is okay, the party scene fluctuates by semester but is never amazing. The school caters to a very white and very wealthy identity.
its a really good neighborhood. peaceful and quiet. all the teachers get along with students. there is alot of activity and the campus is really pretty
I spent the weekend at Middlebury with the swim team and absolutely loved it. The coaches and teammates were so welcoming and I loved the two classes I sat in on.
Middlebury College is beautiful and academically rigorous and has the potential to provide you with four years of great education, great friends, and great opportunities. However, it is very white, very wealthy, very normative, very straight and does not do a good job of supporting all of its students. I happened to be one of the privileged students who Middlebury caters to, and had an incredible time but I am very aware of the college's flaws.
Its been an okay experience, but I havent been here too long. The clubs I have joined so far have been very welcoming.
At Middlebury it felt like home and I felt accepted to learn despite of my being away from Los Angeles.
I would not change anything about my experience at Midd. Every professor I had exuded enthusiasm for their subject that inspired us students to fully apply ourselves. The student body is welcoming while brilliant in areas such as music, academics, and athletics. The campus is beautiful, and the overall area is one that I can truly call a home away from home. The only drawbacks I can think of are the high costs (which exists at any elite institution) and the fact that students and teachers sometimes unintentionally impose left-leaning ideas onto students, although an active effort is being made to eliminate that.
I personally think that Middlebury is a great college, academically and socially. Though Middlebury may have a bad rep for being so isolated from large cities and towns, the many different activities on campus make up for the lack of city life. Academics here are excellent, with great professors who are more than willing to spend their time with you to make sure you are doing the best you can.
Middlebury College is a wonderful campus with many student clubs, and many international students which is really amazing. The campus is small which is nice to know it very quickly. Plus the scenery is simply amazing: surrounded by mountains. The classes are all pretty small which is nice to participate, and the professors are always available if students have questions.
It's hard to articulately describe my experience at Middlebury. I've grown intellectually, met fantastic friends, and am so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of such a great community. I'm often in awe of my peers – there are so many passionate and engaged individuals at this school. As a gay midwesterner, I was unsure of how I'd adapt to Middlebury's culture, but I couldn't be happier. The academics are rigorous, but I've found them to be rewarding.
The community atmosphere is the foundation of what makes this school incredible. Everyone is so friendly, and helpful, and smart, that it inspires you to be more that way. Academically the school is challenging enough that you feel pushed, and sometimes overly so, but that is how you progress. The food is phenomenal, and no swipe system means that you get it whenever you want. It is one of the safest school campuses, with very low rates of disturbances, and while the party scene is small, that is what people come to Midd for, the small close-knit feel. I trust everyone here enough to leave my backpack in the dining hall at breakfast, and come back at dinner to retrieve it, which translates to fruitful and interesting acquaintance making all the time, especially at the frequent events hosted by the college. Go here, its nearly impossible to regret it.
Start Your Review of Middlebury College
The academics here are superb, and the professors are probably my favorite part about Middlebury. They are all engaging, knowledgeable, and more than willing to discuss content outside of class. Truly, I talk to a professor after class virtually every day--they create a wonderful intellectual environment and they're some of my best friends. Campus food is excellent, though it sometimes can be difficult if you have a food allergy as I do, depending on the meal. Dorms do the job, I don't really care about housing that much and got a single when I wanted one, so it's fine by me. The facilities are ridiculously nice, every building I've entered has impressed me.
We don't have greek life, so a lot of the social scene is determined by sports teams, both varsity and club.
Student involvement is high, team performance is generally very good (multiple national championships were won last year), and athletic facilities are great.