- 4 Year
- MIDDLEBURY, VT
- Academicsgrade A+
- Valuegrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade A
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade B
- Professorsgrade A+
- Locationgrade B minus
- Dormsgrade A minus
- Campus Foodgrade A
- Student Lifegrade A
- Safetygrade B+
Middlebury College welcomes the bold, the brave, the intelligent, the inquisitive, the global thinkers, the local activists, those who are ready to speak up and speak out. For more than 200 years, exceptional students have come to Middlebury for our progressive thinking, challenging academics, high expectations, and even higher outcomes. Explore Vermont, a state known for its mountains, music, wilderness, and winters, as well as its strong environmental ethos. We're home of the country's first Environmental Studies program, and the first "muggle" Quidditch team, and we are one of only two colleges in the East with their own ski areas. Cost won’t hold you back: we are a need-blind institution and will meet your full demonstrated financial need if you are accepted.
Middlebury College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 39 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 42 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 42 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Economics106 Graduates
- Computer Science55 Graduates
- Neuroscience and Neurobiology47 Graduates
- Political Science and Government47 Graduates
- Environmental Science41 Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology35 Graduates
- English33 Graduates
- International Relations33 Graduates
- Psychology29 Graduates
- Biology23 Graduates
Our generous financial aid program sets us apart. For accepted domestic students, we are one of fewer than 30 colleges that are both need blind and meet full financial need. That means your ability to pay will not be a factor in whether you’re admitted (international student admissions are need aware). We keep student loan levels low; most aid is given in grants that do not have to be repaid.
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 36 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 56 responses
- Passionate, Intellectual, Quirky, Athletic43%
- Motivating, inspiring, enriching athletic5%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 17 responses
Middlebury College Reviews
And the campus is extremely safe. Sometimes I stay in library till 10pm or later, it never feels unsafe to walk back to dorms on my own.
Food at Midd is okay. Nothing impressive, but not bad either. However according to my vegan and vegetarian friends, there aren't lots of options for them.