Middlebury College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.39 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.40 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.40 responses
Most Popular Majors
Neuroscience and Neurobiology42 Graduates
Political Science and Government42 Graduates
Environmental Studies40 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology32 Graduates
Computer Science29 Graduates
International Relations and National Security Studies25 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.34 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.54 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.17 responses
Middlebury College Reviews
In my current role, I travel to college campuses around the country to recruit and interview students for positions at my company. I see lots of different schools and interact with dozens of student populations. Each campus has a different vibe and feel, and conversations in campus coffee shops range from purely academic to purely social. I loved Middlebury for the blend of high caliber academics, a hardworking student body, and a focus on active, healthy lifestyles. Students at Middlebury balance work and play, and a weekend was never without hours in the library or miles of hiking, running or biking. The teachers have high expectations for your work, but they understand there's more to get out of college than acing every exam. As I tour college campuses today, I look for candidates who strike that same balance, who take their work seriously, but they don't take themselves too seriously. That's what Middlebury is about.
Middlebury is set in a truly incredible location between the Green Mountains and the Adirondacks, providing stunning views from an idyllic campus setting. The small classes and attention from professors offer students the opportunity to engage with research, arts, and intellectual passions from an early time in college. Middlebury professors love teaching, are passionate about and invested in the growth of their students, and provide a supportive yet challenging academic environment.
Middlebury is an incredibly diverse and open minded campus. The campus provides students with opportunities throughout the community of Middlebury and the camous itself. The teachers offer plenty of office hours to accommodate their students, and they create very personal relationships with students dedicated to their specific field of study. The campus itself is incredibly gorgeous and the perfect environment for collective growth among students.