Mid-State Technical College Reviews

Mid-State Technical College is a great well-staffed, well-maintained school. All of the teachers are polite and are willing to help out any student that needs help. Therefore if you are going to go to college right out of high school and want to save money going to Mid-State Technical College would be a great decision!
I have had a lot of success so far at Mid State Technical College. Everyone I have spoken to has given me great feedback and the professors know their fields of study very well. Everyone is knowledgeable and its a friendly environment.
Local jobs are very welcoming to local college grads
  • 9 months ago
Review Your College
The teachers are easy to understand, and the quality of the programs are excellent
It's easy to find a job after you finish
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
The teachers are easy to understand, classes are straight-forward, and it's a great student environment.
The career center helps us when it's our time to look for internships in are degrees. With the possibilities of being hired on the full time or the option to find a job, we prefer feels is better suited for us I'm just entering my 2 term at Mid-State Technical College, and to be honest, I'm still learning about all the things they have to offer me.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
Everyone is nice, helpful, and caring. They respect everyone as the person and equal. I would recommend Mid-State Technical College to anyone one looking to learn and advance their career. We have a lot of support when it comes time for are the internship time. We have career recruiters come to us at the different time during our term. On the campus, different companies come together for career fairs from all different areas of study.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
In my Administrative professionalism and Business management in Healthcare. In my programs, they encourage the use to incorporate different tools laptops, IPads, and the materials we need to guide us in the right direction. The workload has been perfect not too overwhelming. The way the instructors teach makes you want to keep learn what they have to share.
I have had the most AMAZING instructors. All my instructors want to see me achieve my goals and the offer so much encouragement. With every step, I take towards my degree I know I'm not alone.
I've had to take a handful of my generals either as night courses or online. This is not ideal as it can make for long (9+ hrs) days at school. However, many programs give students three day weekends which is very nice.
Perhaps I'm just not an online course student, but I did not enjoy a single online class while attending MSTC. There were many silly attempts at trying to encourage "classroom discussion" amongst the students, yet no one really participated in earnest. Some courses are just not made for an online format, yet they still attempt to squeeze them in.
There are fantastic and frequent opportunities for mock interviews and resume reviews. Many programs bring in potential employers to do interviews right on campus. Excellent job outlook for most programs.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
The courses offered are, for the most part, quite good. They all adequately prepare students for careers upon graduation. However, the school could do a better job at incorporating more courses that can transfer to larger 4-year institutions.
Opportunities for internships are fantastic. If you're in the engineering department, you will have a smorgasbord of internships to choose from after your first two semesters. Other programs may have to do a little more work to find internships, however I have heard that they are still easy to find.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
In the civil engineering program you'll learn many hands-on things that even 4-year grads don't learn. Drafting, surveying, and materials testing are three key areas that you will be better prepared in than your bachelor degree counterparts. The workload can be intense (it's engineering technology!) but very rewarding. The curriculum prepares students very well for an internship after their first two semesters and subsequently a full-time career in the field upon graduating. One thing that the program lacks overall, is the opportunities for pursuing a 4-year degree after graduation. Other similar 2-year schools offer much better transfer agreements with central US universities.
I think the school has fantastic AAS engineering tech programs. There is no reason that you wouldn't be able to find a job soon after graduation. In fact, most of the students in the engineering programs have internship opportunities after their first year, and then have jobs lined up before graduating.
Review Your College
I would choose my school again because it is a great way to learn and the teachers are very good and teaching and i would choose this school for anyone.
Teachers have been great I am learning lots in class.
I see postings of career jobs and they have businesses come in.
  • Jan 26 2016