Mid-Continent University Reviews

our sports staff are most kind people u will ever met
    I am a non-traditional student but the faculty is great.
    • College Sophomore
    • Feb 10 2014
    • Campus
    I really like the psychology program here. The professors are really great here they are great teachers and are very helpful with anything having to do with education and with your live.
    I believe the campus security do their job very good, makes everybody feel safe. The campus is strict on drinking and drug use.
    The WiFi in the dorms are pretty slow but the ones in the library are fast. In the library you are able to print anything that you need.
    • Campus
    The university is accepting for economic background religion and in sexual orientation although it is a Christian college.The college has a diverse student body and everybody seem to get along.
    The dorms are nothing big, they're nice to live in. The dorms are close to classes so the is a good thing and also close to the cafeteria. The is probably the most I have to pay for the overall college.
    The fan support is the highest at the volleyball games and team performance of the soccer team was great this year. School spirit is not that big, and the gym could be better but it is good enough to have volleyball and basketball games in there, and also we play indoor games.
    There are really no where to go on campus. The workout gym is not good at all but gym is nothing big it is nice. Probably the best thing is the soccer field.
    • Campus
    I don't mind the cold weather but the wind is horrible. I have to say the weather is nice if the wind is not involved.
    • Campus
    There is nobody really peer pressuring you to do drugs or alcohol and the usage of drugs and alcohol are not visible at the college. If you are caught drinking or doing drugs you will not be able to play in your sports for eight games.
    There are more guys then girls so that is one thing that sucks. There is a couple of good looking girls not a lot though. Nobody really dresses up mostly everybody are in sweats.
    You get to live on your own without following the college rules but the bad thing is that you have to pay extra for eating in the cafeteria. Just you really don't get to experience the bonding of being in the dorms with your teammates.
    A Little Town – Mayfield is a small town, but has so many caring people. Mid-Continent University is right there in Mayfield as well. The school and town fit perfectly together with their religious believes. Everyone cares for everyone!
    • Campus
    MCU has amazing professors! They are willing to answer any questions for you and are very helpful when it comes to extra help on work. The campus is really small so all the professors tend to know you well and BY NAME :) which is awesome! Homework can be quite a handful though so be expected to write TONS of papers.
    At MCU, they are very strict on drugs on the school campus. MCU is a private Christian college so that is expected. The sports team are always being drugged tested constantly.
    When the internet is working, the computers are really nice on campus. I would suggest that you invest in your own computer because our campus does not own very many. We are a very small school and we have about 10 in our library and probably about 25-30 in our computer lab.
    • Campus
    I'm currently in the education program at MCU. I'm very satisfied with the program. The teachers/advisers in this program are amazing and are willing to work with you to reach any goal that is possible. The only thing that I do not like about the program is that each teacher has different guidelines and they are suppose to be preparing us for the "BIG PROFESSOR" for student teaching. If I could do it over again, I probably would have chose a different school just because of the cost, but overall I'm very satisfied. My goal is to find a teaching job right after school if possible.
    When it comes to transportation and living on campus, you might want to own your own car. Or you should make sure to make friends with someone that does. The school does not have transportation options that I know of.
    • Campus
    Mid-Continent is a private Christian college and has very high standards. They want us students to be great leaders once we leave there. They do not tolerate drinking at the dorms, but I'm sure it may happen sometimes. For social life, the school tries to plan fun events for the students that live on campus.