Michigan Technological University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.61 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.61 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering251 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering103 Graduates
Chemical Engineering102 Graduates
Civil Engineering82 Graduates
Computer Science52 Graduates
Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering47 Graduates
Computer Engineering39 Graduates
Environmental Engineering38 Graduates
Materials Engineering29 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.81 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.94 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.38 responses
Michigan Technological University Reviews
I have found that the staff members at Michigan Tech are exceptional! They are wonderful people who only want to see you succeed. Granted, it is not an easy school to succeed it, it tests your ability to be tenacious. I do believe that the weather up there makes it even harder to get through the school year, but I do enjoy going skiing and snowboarding on our ski hill every once in a while. I think that some of the classrooms and building could use some updating. But we have a great education and community and what more could you ask for?
Michigan Tech is an outstanding school for people interested in engineering, forestry, or any other major you're interested in. It's hard. It's far away. It's definitely cold at times. But the location, professors, large greek life, smaller class sizes and fantastic community all outweigh everything listed prior. I would recommended it to anyone!
Michigan Tech is a beautiful, welcoming place where everyone is welcome! There is an overwhelming sense of community to be found by anyone from any background, and academics are challenging and prepare you for anything you may want to pursue after college. The atmosphere and school spirit are always lively, and it's an overall great place to be.