Miami University Reviews

2,919 reviews
I went to Miami University from 2013-2017. I would say overall that I felt like I learned a lot about myself and had experiences that are helping me in the career world. Professors were hit or miss. Some truly cared about teaching and not just regurgitating material. The small community is definitely a plus - a real college experience.
When I first started my freshman year at Miami, I was very excited for a change in scenery. I come from a major city, so coming to Miami has allowed me to appreciate the little things and enjoy a time and place that isn't fairly as hectic as the city life. Also since coming to Miami, I 've been surrounded by a great community of friends that love on me and help me grow in my faith in God. I am a Christian and there are tons of churches and school events that allow me to share my faith. I really enjoy the classes that are offered. Miami has such a wide variety of classes and has the best professors teaching them.
Miami is a really great school. If you are looking for the ideal college experience, this is the place for you. There are so many clubs and organizations on campus; you're sure to find something that piques your interest. Also, most dorms are renovated now, so the housing is very good in comparison to other universities. Also, most professors are really good at their jobs and passionate about teaching. I only have two small complaints. First off, the university definitely wants your money; if they can charge you for something, they will. At the same time, everything is very high quality so it makes up for it a little. Also, there isn't much help for freshmen struggling with the transition. In science major courses, a lot of the professors just try to scare you which, as a freshmen, is probably the last thing you need. Overall, Miami is a very good school and I have enjoyed my time here and I know that I will have no problems finding graduate programs/employment after graduation.
Start Your Review of Miami University
Coming to Miami was genuinely the best decision I have ever made. I transferred from a different college and being able to find the "right" fit is so comforting. The only issue I have ever had with Miami was their pricing on some things, and their lack of communication to students if there is a problem we should possibly know about.
Educational experience is excellent, environment is positive for the most part, but drama seem to spring up everywhere and culture as a whole is hard to get used to.
High commitment to student success, wonderful academic programs and countless ways to get involved. Miami is committed to making sure that undergraduates have all the tools they need to be successful. There are many clubs and intramural sports to help you get involved on campus. Oxford is a textbook college town, which works great for some and not the best for others. I would highly recommend touring, that is how I realized it was the perfect school for me. I am in the business school and couldn't be happier!
I genuinely like the atmosphere of the campus, and the academics are pretty great too. However, the partying crowd is very prominent here and I often found it was hard to find friends who didn't what to party all weekend. The school is pretty safe and I usually don't feel like I'm ever in danger if I have to walk alone in the dark. Overall though it's a pretty great school with a charming aesthetic and helpful faculty.
Miami University has a very welcoming environment. The university offers many activities to all students, every single student has something that they can get involved in on campus. The professors at Miami are beyond welcoming and are always open to helping the students and ensuring that they understand the subject matter. One thing that I wish Miami would improve on is its diversity. If Miami was more diverse, then the university could arguably be the best for anyone.
So far I've had a great time at Miami. It is a great school with amazing professors who make sure you get the education you paid for. Although the school is in the middle of no where it is a BEAUTIFUL campus with amazing scenery. Campus life is enjoyable and its very easy to find your place. The only issues are those of diversity , in which Miami needs to work on as the years go.
Miami University offers so many majors as well as a diverse student body. The campus is beautiful and easy to maneuver.
The overall experience with Miami has been good. However, their administration is very complicated and neglecting sometimes.
Coming from California to oxford was a really big change for me but I am so happy with the decision that I made. It was really easy to make friends within my dorm and classes were easy to find bc of the size of the school. It is very easy to access my counselor, professor or tutor if I need academic help. The campus is a perfect size to me because its not too big or too small. I love how there are so many places to study all around campus and a lot of the buildings are open 24 hours for student access. The campus is pretty diverse and I have many friends of different races. I can not wait to spend the next few years there and keep learning more about myself and strengthening my academic challenges.
Miami is a very Greek-Oriented school. Meaning that fraternities and sororities essentially rule the social life. Overall, the academics are great and the professors are fantastic. But, the student body could use some diversification.
Miami University has been a really great place to start my professional education. The university has a variety of great classes and class sizes are smaller than larger universities. It has also been really easy to talk to professors and get good opportunities in research.
The school has a beautiful campus, the teachers are friendly and helpful and I felt challenged academically. I would rate Miami University very highly on their level of academics. The school is a little isolated in its location so there is not a ton to do unless you get pretty involved in different groups and clubs on campus.
What I loved about Miami University is how great of an internship progam they have that the schoo. My return on investment from this school will be great, and the education is amazing. The only thing I would like to see change would be more emphasis on sports, the sports scene at this school is not that big.
The campus overall is gorgeous. There is so much school spirit and I cannot wait to be a part of this wonderful school.
Start Your Review of Miami University
Miami is a great place to go to school. The professors care so much about you, the college town makes it a great environment, and the campus is just beautiful. There are so many resources available to students.
I loved attending Miami University. Beautiful campus .Moved into my fraternity my Sophmore year and party hard so much that I came close to flucking out. Then my Junior year I bucked down and got my GPA up to an acceptable level.
I had a terrible roommate sophomore year so it wasn't the greatest experience. There is a strong drinking and going out culture which isn't very appealing. But I suppose you can expect that with every college.