Miami University Reviews

2,844 reviews
Saying this as a Spanish major: The Spanish program at Miami is a joke and a waste of credit hours that could be spent taking classes for a useful major. After the fifth semester Spanish class, which is what a student with a 4 or 5 on the AP exam would come in with credit for, most of the classes offered are BS literature classes that do nothing to develop Spanish proficiency. There is a linguistics track offered as an alternative to taking literature classes for the Spanish major/minor, but good luck getting into the Spanish linguistics classes if you're not in the honors program. Even at the 300/400-level, it's very common for professors to frequently use English to clarify things in their lectures because the students often haven't developed sufficient Spanish proficiency if they haven't gotten to study abroad. One would have better luck getting fluent in Spanish from a gap year in South America than from a Spanish major at Miami.
I have been to Miami for about 5 years know, i have had some good experiences and some bad. Miami in general is very good to its students but i feel like where i have ran into problems was with professors, some professors just didn't care enough about its students they are just there for the money and that is it.
Miami is a magical place filled with an abundance of beautiful people who also work their asses off in class. Work hard play hard.
Review Miami University
Everything about Miami has made me a better person and student. Miami has great professors that make you want to learn and better yourself.
Miami University has given a great diverse learning experience. I have been able to experience many areas in the nutrition field. All of the teachers have been accommodating.
Miami is a great jumping off point no matter what your interests are. If you find something you're interested in, you will always find the support to pursue those interests whether that is in an existing club or program, or work with a professor or staff member to get you where you want to be. Housing can be kind of a headache, especially for upperclassmen. Dining is pretty mediocre, and can be a nightmare if you have dietary needs, considering Miami puts up a false front of being allergy and dietary restriction friendly. It's on the pricey side, but Miami gives you tons of value if you're willing to take advantage of all it has to offer.
I am so impressed over the involvement the facility and staff have. Miami goes out of their way to make sure accepted students feel wanted and they try their hardest to make future students excited in attending.
Miami is a great public school in a beautiful setting that prepares students well for life after college.
My brother goes to Miami OH and he loves it. It is a great school with a beautiful campus and amazing academics. He is so fortunate to get the opportunity to attend there
Amazing college with hard working staff and students to provide the perfect University experience. Beautiful campus with an easy commute.
Miami University if a one of a kind college. So far it has been the greatest 2 years of my life. The social life, education, and easy access to resources has been nothing short of phenomenal.
Miami has been incredible to me up to this point. I play on the soccer team, write for the school newspaper/magazine, involved in greek life, and am in the Honors college. I am super busy and love every second of it. I went random with my roommate and it was the best decision we could have ever made. We're best friends and will be rooming again next year.
There is no other campus as beautiful as Miami University, especially in the fall. Go and see for yourself.
Professors are very helpful and are willing to meet you after class to break-down the concepts if you are not getting the whole or part of the lesson.
Miami was my dream school and I was accepted in 2015. I have been having the time of my life here since. Love and Honor.
Miami is a beautiful campus that puts all at ease upon arrival. It is inviting, comforting, and safe. It is awing. The classes are extremely difficult, but are worth the hard work. Each class leaves the student feeling smarter and more prepared for the future. The professors genuinely care, and Miami is praised as a place of education by future employers.
I have recieved an amazing education from Miami University. As a student in Farmer School of Business, I feel I have recieved invaluable skills and business acumen that is not available at most business schools. I have had exceptional professors, primarily in the entreprenurship program, and the relationships I have built with professors have been one of the most special and valuable expereinces I have had in college. The social culture at Miami could use improvement, but education has been top notch.
Miami University is a great public university to attend. It has a long-standing history of academic excellence and the professors are dedicated to students' success. Additionally the university has a lot of competitive students who drive each other to achieve their best. There is a riotous party scene, a vibrant social scene (outside of partying), and an iconic campus. The only part of my college experience I find slightly frustrating is the lack of ethnic and intellectual diversity, the remoteness of the small college town from party-alternatives on the weekends, and the relative political apathy of the student body.
Review Miami University
Miami University is absolutely amazing just overall. It is beautiful, the programs are really great, and the people are amazing. The professors really care about you as a student and will go out of their way to help you most of the time. The only reason this is a 4 and not a 5 is because they don't actually fulfill their promise of being a sustainable campus and seemingly don't recycle at all.
I love this school and everything it has to offer! There are so many opportunities available to students if they take the initiative! Staff and administration always do their best to help the students and always want them to achieve their best to the fullest potential! I am giving the school four stars because of location. It is located pretty much in the middle of nowhere, therefore students resort to the more popular activities such as binge drinking and drugs. While many don't engage in these activities, this school has a reputation of intense binge drinking and drug use.
I love just about everything about Miami University. They fill your classrooms with knowledgable professors. The only thing that I would like to see change is the amount of parking that they offer to students.