Miami University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.175 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.181 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.180 responses
Most Popular Majors
Public Relations222 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science174 Graduates
Political Science and Government135 Graduates
Early Childhood Education123 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management108 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 113 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.236 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.263 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.119 responses
Miami University Reviews
I love being a Miami student! Our facilities and campus are beautiful, the professors truly care about students, the campus culture is unique, and this school really does prepare you for a job after graduation. If you're hoping to pursue a career in business or fashion, this is a great school in Ohio to bust into that world. Miami alums are incredibly connected within the business world--we have countless alums that are CEOs, CMOs, etc. Additionally, we have a great fashion organization, MUF&D, that puts on the largest student-run fashion show in the US. Miami definitely has a party culture and heavy Greek life. So if you don't love going out, just get involved with other organizations and make friends in different ways. Highly recommend coming here!
The campus is amazing and the education is great! I really enjoyed my classes and found that the professors were very supportive and wanted to see the students succeed. However, I found that there is very little diversity at Miami. Coming from a very large and diverse high school, I could it very hard to transition to a place where most of the students looked, acted, and dressed the same. Though the university is great, it does take away from the college experience and can make finding a place at Miami difficult.
It's a great campus, with many opportunities. The ability to take classes at all campuses, regardless of "home campus" is a blessing. If you are a regional student, and want to experience the main campus feel without paying main campus prices, you can do that. Also, you can bounce back and forth between which campus you take majority of your classes from through a simple application process. Also, many majors are available at the Regionals that give you a Miami education!