Miami University, founded in 1809 in Oxford, Ohio, has a national reputation for a superior educational experience and unparalleled professional preparation of its students. Miami is consistently ranked one of the top schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for its strong commitment to undergraduate teaching. Supported by experiences that lead to student success, Miami University students receive personal attention and guidance from our most experienced professors.
All undergraduate students benefit from a well-rounded liberal arts foundation, developing lifelong skills for any career. Over 57% of Miami students graduate with at least one minor or additional major. More than 49% of students study abroad; nearly 100% participate in internships or field work prior to graduation. More than 2,000 undergraduate students participate annually in significant research and scholarship activities. Among 2017-2018 graduates, 96% were employed or continuing their education by Fall 2018.
Miami University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.175 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.189 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.188 responses
Public Relations216 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science165 Graduates
Pre-Medicine Studies164 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems134 Graduates
Early Childhood Education126 Graduates
Political Science and Government116 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.244 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.271 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.119 responses
Miami University Reviews
One thing I believe Miami should improve on is their scholarships. When I was applying for other schools, I was receiving very generous scholarships left and right. However, I did not receive anything from Miami. However, in general, Miami is a fabulous school. It really feels like a home to me.