Metropolitan State University of Denver Reviews

2,626 reviews
I have been at metro for two semesters and the professors really care about your future and education. They do want you to successed and they will stay after class and help you out if you need the help.
Before I started my first year at MSU Denver I was already selected by Denver Housing to work at MSU Denver so I could get familiarized with the school. Being able to work there before Fall semester was an amazing way for me to feel confident with my classes. Since I have been in MSU Denver I have not stopped getting help and resources, it is the best way for me to succeed in school. After the Denver Housing program ended I was fortunate to get work-study. I have continued to work for a program called Center For Equity and Student Achievement and this program has a lot of resources for students to succeed and be able to graduate.
My experience with Metropolitan State University of Denver has been really good. I love the classes and the overall atmosphere of the campus, it has made college seem less stressful.
Start Your Review of Metropolitan State University of Denver
I love going here, the faculty work with you and there is a diverse group of students. They offer many ways to help you succeed.
Overall its been a great and mind opening experience for me. I love the diversity that MSU has, and its been a great experience being able to be around different cultures of people.
MSU Denver allows you to get a quality education at a great price. I was given to support and knowledge needed to not only get me into medical school, but to also out preform many of my colleagues who went to much more "reputable" schools like Yale or John's Hopkins. At first I was ashamed to say "I went to Metro", but as an alumni I am very proud to have attended such a great school. I recommend that you consider attending here even if you may give up the typical "college experience." It's worth it!
The campus is incredibly diverse, and there's always something new to see or get involved with on your way to classes. The faculty is excellent and seem passionate about their jobs, and with the food court in the student union and multiple restaurants within walking distance of the campus, there's no shortage of food options.
I think there are good programs at Metro that will translate into the real world. Not all of the programs will in my opinion, but they do offer plenty good ones. For students willing to do extra work, there are plenty of student resources to help you succeed.

If I was to offer advice to someone thinking about attending Metro. I would say do lots of research about the field you are thinking of studying to make sure you have a good chance of getting a job in the field after you graduate.
MSU Denver is a diverse, culturally accepting university with a variety of opportunities for involvement.
Metro is affordable compared to most other colleges but they don't allow monthly payment plans throughout the semester like other colleges. I would appreciate it if they gave their students an easy and helpful to pay for college. Other than that, it is a great campus with wonderful professors and students.
Overall Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique and exciting school. If you are looking for a place that is welcome to all diversity, backgrounds and learning curves then this is a school to consider. It did not feel as much like college as I would have liked but I did learn a lot from this school and would recommend it for those looking for a more mature experience.
so far it has been good to. I am a disabled student and I I find the staff to to be be very helpful.
Not a great college if you are also looking to meet friends, not a lot of food choices and have to walk far for food, good professors though.
I appreciate the fact that my professors are always willing to help me if needed and the classes are small in size. Parking could be less of a hassle and the atmosphere is not like that of a bigger university, but it’s a great school nonetheless.
I liked the diversity at Metro State University of Denver. The teachers’ understanding and their approach made me feel understood and well accepted.
At metropolitan state university of Denver the professors are great. They are helpful, flexible and understanding. The location is in the middle of downtown Denver. The location makes parking and just getting to campus difficult.
It has been a struggle, yet, it has been meaningful. The education is very important, because I plan to be in Health Care Management, so the studies has been beneficial for me personally. The educators and advisors care about the students. They ask questions often to draw out their students. My experience has been of educators who love to impart knowledge about their expertise in health care. And one of the most important lessons I have learned is to always ask questions about things you are passionate about. The benefits and rewards will eventually come to fruition because you have shown interest and worked diligent reach your goals.
Start Your Review of Metropolitan State University of Denver
Not only is this college affordable but there are very dedicated teachers. I also like commuting to school, but parking sucks. However, we do get public transportation passes.
This university has a strong history of diversity as well as support for all students. Campus safety is a priority, and opportunities for involvement are plentiful.
its not very expensive. They loose a lot of personal records. Lots to do on and around campus. They share the campus with two other universities. The teaching staff is good, you can tell they actually enjoy teaching. There are 2+ literail stations. Not enough parking for 3 college campuses. There are no on campus dorms.