Metropolitan State University - Minnesota Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.37 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.37 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management314 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities265 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies113 Graduates
Human Services108 Graduates
Police and Criminal Science72 Graduates
Computer Science69 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.26 responses
Metropolitan State University - Minnesota Reviews
Transferring to Metropolitan State University from St. Cloud State University felt very different. I had many friends, was very active in student organizations, and had great bonds with staff. Entering Metropolitan State University, I am in and out of class and head straight home. The university is primarily commuting; no dorms available, so it took a bit of time to adjust. However, I have enjoyed all my professors after completing one semester. As a student who goes in and out of class, I cannot say there's anything I dislike due to being an inactive student with student organizations.
I love my university because it's centrally located, wonderful staff, and amazing student services. I really appreciate this college because it's so easy to become discouraged about the process of school, but when you look up there is always a warm and welcoming university facility or staff there to help you. Thanks Metro State for being just amazing!
There are incredible professors here who really care about knowing the students interpersonally and helping launch them into success after graduation! The resources here are top-notch also. If you're looking for a job or worried about the look of your resume, the Career Resource Center is standing by to help you through that process. Overall, a really great school if you're willing to overlook the traditional college experience and focus on your academics.