Metropolitan Community College - Missouri Reviews

The schooling was wonderful! I had an amazing advisor who helped to make sure I was on track to graduate on time, enrolled in the right classes, make sure that even though I was an athlete, I was still able to take all of the classes that I needed to earn my degree even with a tight schedule, etc.
I attended 3 of the campuses over the course of my part time attendance. I attended night, weekend, and evening classes only. This college offers a variety of courses allowing me to successfully complete my Associates Degree and all of the prerequisites for nursing school at Graceland University. The tutoring center at the Blue River campus is amazing and I owe my passing of Statistics to the tutor! In addition they willl hold a workshop review class for you upon request. rest experience.
The atmosphere felt safe and friendly. The only thing i would encourage to be looked at for changes is how some of the professors just give out C's because they feel as though that is sufficient. Though some students work hard for their grades it was reflected that some professors did not take their grading seriously and keep their students up to date on the grades.
Start Your Review of Metropolitan Community College - Missouri
The teachers and staff are awesome. I say about once a month they gave us students free food for working hard in our classes. I appreciate that. GO WOLVES! GO WOLVES! GO WOLVES! GO WOLVES! GO WOLVES! GO WOLVES!
GO WOLVES!
MCC is a great school for getting the basic general education credits required for an Associate's Degree. The class sizes are small enough to receive individual attention and assistance, and there are several resources on campus such as tutoring, an excellent online library catalogue, and student events to help with FAFSA, transferring, and career preparation. Overall, the quality of the education was good. I was challenged with the assignments and workload, but felt that it was still possible to balance work/school/social life. The cost of MCC is also very appealing--it's just a fraction of what one would pay if attending a typical 4-year University! My credits at MCC are transferring nicely and I have had no issues taking my Associate's Degree and transferring to my four year school. MCC also offers several online classes which have been wonderful for my busy schedule. Some of the classes are more challenging than others, but they are a wonderful option.
I have attended Metropolitan Community College for one year, and finished my associates degree in this year. The school is very well laid out and the professors are absolutley amazing.
It is a great college, a few flaws but great. If You want to be a nurse, this is the best community college around for it.
For being a community college, I feel like I still got a quality education. The professors don't treat you like you're in high school, nor do they blow you off like large universities would. They genuinely care about your education, for the most part. Although the campus isn't too big, they still hold several activities to make you feel like you're still getting the "college experience" that those who go away to college get.
I attended the Metropolitan Community College of Longview in Lee's Summit for my Associate's in Arts (basically general education so that I can move on to a 4-year with a lot of gen-ed credits) and had a wonderful time. From my experience, most of the teachers here have a lot of expertise and make sure that students have ample opportunities to show excellence. Instructors at Longview try to take as objective and unbiased a stance on the facts as possible, to provide students with the facts instead of their own opinions. I am going to miss this college and all of my professors dearly when I move on this coming semester. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants to get some credits taken care of cheaply before going to a university or even someone who wants to go back to school and get a simple degree. Just because it is a community college does not mean it will not provide you with a good education.
The environment is a friendly place, and you meet lots of amazing students. Wonderful hosts for the Eclipse event. Staff was very friendly and treated us to a delicious lunch! Could not have asked for a better place to bring family to see the incredible eclipse!It's a great experience. It sometimes does have it's flaws just like every college. Some of the teachers are way too subjective on their own opinions though. Pretty much the only downfall!
I am currently attending Maple Woods community college, a branch of Metropolitan Community College - Missouri. Some professors are better than others, but overall the academic experience has been good. Using A+, community college is a cost effective way to get general education requirements out of the way for pursuing higher education.
Metropolitan Community College is a great way to start your education. If you are a Missouri high school graduate you can use your A+ program money to help pay for your tuition and books. The professors are very knowledgeable and willing to help you if needed. I like the small campus and class sizes. Another plus is that this community college has 5 different campuses so you can choose the campus that is your best fit.
MCC is a great school system for any incoming freshman! Only 100 USD per credit hour for in-state students, as well as any KS student who lives in several KS counties, this is quite affordable with most scholarships!
Well rounded community college. They offer a variety of courses and provide many resources for students to use to be successful.
It is a good community college with a lot of different options in classes to fit any schedule. I really appreciate the willingness of the professors to help me with any questions I have concerning work from the classes or personal quandaries.
Campus involvement is not that great because its a community college and everyone commutes. We go to class and leave. The academics are average. If you want to get involved with clubs, I advise it because the clubs are actually diverse and fun.
A pretty good local community college. They offer a good range of class and most credits transfer to most schools. Buildings are good and professors are above average.
Start Your Review of Metropolitan Community College - Missouri
I love this college because they have a wide range of degree and certifications for the students. But what I am not pleased with is some of the teachers that I have had attending this college. I have had teachers that have had altimeters that would forget they even had a class and then I have had teachers that would be little you just for asking questions. With the bad teachers though I have had some amazing teachers that saw potential in me even when I didn't see it in my self.
This college has great classes and professors for a good price. The culture at the different campuses is very different. I mainly went to the Penn Calley campus; most of the students In the general education classes aren’t very motivated and will complain about the work load/blame the professor for their bad grades; do not let this get to you! College requires work, and you will get what you put into it. The professors are very nice, and most of them will help you if you communicate with them!
Great for a Community College, but just average in terms of all colleges. You get what you pay for and that's a bare bones education. They do have some fun add-ons like clubs, activities, and free bagel days, though!