Mesa Community College Reviews

1,632 reviews
I have not had a bad experience here, I am thankful they offer many courses at all hours of the day. This makes it easy to work around my work schedule.
Mesa Community College has a diverse student body, excellent professors, and and overall great return on investment. It is situated near many different types of restaurants, but not many bars, so there is not much of a party scene. The campus is regularly patrolled by several officers, so a student never has to feel unsafe, and the cafe boasts delicious food with a welcoming staff. There is a wide variety of clubs to join and events to attend, so there is always extracurricular activities worth being at. I am proud to say that I graduated from this institution because it has prepared me to enter my program at ASU.
The community college offers great classes need for your degree or certificate. The staff and advisors are always helpful in guiding their students in the right directions. The campus is a neat, diverse environment for students. Mesa Community College was a great choice I made to attend my first two years of college.
Review Mesa Community College
Mesa Community College is a great college! its close to home and they have a lot of options for taking classes, whether its online, in person or a combination of both.
Mesa Community College is truly one for the history books. Throughout my time at Mesa, I have gained unreal experiences, genuine friendships, and universal knowledge. Within the past two years, a lot has happened to me both for the better and for the worse, but those experiences and happenings made me into the person I am today. I have been a full time student at Mesa for both years with a part time job; all while managing the Women's Volleyball Team there and being the VP of the NAACP club as well.
The professors' truly care about your grades, which is a plus; most colleges you are on your own, but at Mesa, they genuinely want you to succeed.
The sporting events are always fun too! Not only do the athletes give there all no matter the sport, the fans are 100% in tune during the duration of the game/match.
With that being said, I would most definitely recommend attending MCC, it is truly unlike any other college!
The professors are very insightful and do their jobs very well. Some vary in how relaxed and dutifulness, but by the end of class, you learn something. The campus is fairly easy to navigate, though it could stand to have more trees to provide shade. There are enough places to rest and have lunch on campus, too. Overall, it is a good place to go before moving on to university level or getting an associates degree.
There are some awesome professors but unlike some of those 1 or 2 shouldn't be teaching because they choose not to take the time to teach. Should change the amount of credit for full-time to lesser credits. Overall great experience staff is great but need work study hours and haven't been too lucky.
I really like the courses I take and the professors are very good. The professors are knowledgeable in what they teach and are there for you when you need help. There are plenty of tutoring centers on campus for all the different subjects and the tutors are very helpful, especially for math. Everything is good (even tuition), except for the bookstore which happens to be very expensive.
I like that you can rely on the faculty to answer any questions you have and know that If you are struggling in class there are always different resources available to help you succeed in class. The teacher's always make time available for you and there are learning centers that have free tutors always available to you for help. Overall this is a great place to go to get started for your future careers and it is affordable.
My experience has been overall good. The classes are challenging, but not unbearable. The teachers I had are helpful and will try to accommodate your needs as much as they can. The college campus is beautiful, clean and so relaxing. The campus is a little hard to navigate when you are new, but that is to be expected. I felt safe walking around even in the evening hours. The worst thing about this school in my mind is the parking. You have to drive around for a while in order to find parking, which means you have to get there early enough so you are not late for class. Another bad part has been the admissions and financial aid offices, there are always issues with these two departments, even other people that I know had problems there also.
Over all this is an interesting college. The teachers are mostly intelligent, possessing a desire to help the student achieve their academic goals. However the administration and enrollment lack in many areas. It's not un-common to wait up to two hours when dealing with enrollment, weather that a simple question or advisement. Then their is the issue with their internal software for the college, Canvas. A truly complicated system to navigate, lacking in needed information and guidance. The campus is easy to navigate, but most of its buildings are older and needing remodeling. Over all it's an okay college but nothing to brag about or to get excited about.
I am obtaining my Associate's Degree from Mesa Community College this semester, and I can wholeheartedly say that I've immensely enjoyed my experience. The professors are fair and willing to work with you; the class sizes are reasonable; the rates are lower than any 4-year institution; and the students are friendly. Highly recommend!
I've been given advice contained herein to help me move forward by student advisors that put me in deep debt. I will recommend students going to MCC speak with instructors they're knowledge of your next classes to take help more than student advisor. There knowledge is powerful because they know the best professor who will help you make decisions for your career.
The advisement and enrollment services at this school are atrocious. First they decided to make two accounts for me so I was only getting credit for half of my classes. I have been in there 4 times (each time waited at least an hour and a half to talk with someone) I've called the school multiple times (only to be put on hold for at least 30 minutes) and the problem still isn't fixed. This is the kind of service you can expect from MCC. I would not recommend going here if this this they way they treat you when you are trying to give them money for classes.
This is my first year and the staff on campus is very helpful except for some of the people in the disability office .I have had an IEP sence I was in 2nd grade . I took my IEP info into the disability office on campus and they said it was not valid and I would have to go and get retested the lady gave me a list of Dr and the cost of the test .I don't have an extra $600 at that time to get retested . I just did not understand because the IEP I had from high school is good until Aug 2017. But besides that issue I had I love the school the professors are amazing and if you need help with anything just ask and they will help.
Mesa community college has been the best hands on school I've ever went too. I am finishing up my second year this spring 2017 semester and it has been a great experience. Teachers are helpful and they have a lot of extra help outside of class! Also great activities !
The professors are always eager to work with a student who is willing to work hard. I have had outside help from five professors and all of these professors were willing to help me outside of class.
Review Mesa Community College
I like Mesa Community College because the professors are able to help you one on one and are very knowledgeable about the course they are teaching. In my experience I have chosen a teacher by first asking councilors and online resources to find a teacher best suited to me. There is a variety of classes available to take that vary from online to one, twice, and four times a week! It is awesome here. It is really a great place to get a quality education for a fantastic price!
Overall the classes I have taken at MCC are much more involved and I feel that the professors take great pride in what they are teaching. I've taken classes at other colleges and I felt as though the professors were only there to pass the time as if they didn't care about whether or not the students were actually learning. MCC is completely different. The professors care and do what they can to ensure that every student is getting the most out of their education.
I absolutely love the campus. Every building is super easy to find. Public safety is all over and ready to help you with anything ranging from a dead car battery to finding a class. Professors are ready to help when you need it. Tutoring is available to fit your needs