Mercy College Reviews

1,120 reviews
Mercy College is located in a great area, along with a very well maintained teaching staff. The student to teacher ratio is perfect as well. Mercy college is a melting pot of students from all over the tri-state area. College is whatever the student puts in, but there is no way you can't go far when attending Mercy College. Its impossible to not reach your goals with the resources available here at Mercy. The classes are groomed exactly for your major, and they don't waste your time.
Mercy is an excellent colledge the staff is very helpful, of coures there are a couple of professors i don't care much for but that is the nature of college and of life. i love mercy college and so do my friends.
I enjoy the professors and their desire to teach us at the best of their abilities. In the college, there are so many opportunities to enter into programs and be engaging. One thing I would want to be changed is the ability to consistently see my over all grade of classes I am taking rather than having to wait until the end of the semester
Start Your Review of Mercy College
I transferred to Mercy College for the end of my undergraduate career. My experience was great, but because it is a private institution, it was very expensive.
Mercy College is a great school for you to grow in as a student. They have many recourses to help students in their academic life.
THe academics are really good. The thing that should change is making sure things are correct in students accounts.
What I liked most about mercy college was the psychology professors. Almost every psychology professor I have had so far has been very supportive and goes out of their way to facilitate learning in the classroom and online. I really think the Hudson hall dorms are fantastic, due to the fact that they are brand new suites and are very comfortable compared to the very small dorms you tend to see on other campuses. Something to work on is the food, which after a while of dorming there can really just be tiring. Also, this wasn't really a party school, but I find that to be something positive.
I loved the online classes. The professors were great and very devoted to teaching their classes. I like how helpful the financial aid staff are with keeping up with deadlines for loans especially. Although I was a transfer student, I was welcomed to Mercy college and enjoyed being a student here.
I like that they have different campuses. Manhattan, Bronx and Dobbs ferry campus. I also like the resource of the learning center and the onsite tutoring. Another thing I appreciate is the fact that they have different programs that you can enroll in to accelerate your education and receive your degree.
Aweful, do not come here especially if you’re being recruited! Coaches lie, there’s literally nothing to do and there’s zero school spirit. Place is dark and depressing, girls are beastly and faculty are just as bored as students. PACt team passes everything off and it’s ghost town every weekend. Unless you like sitting in your room alone do not go here. Definitely NOT a college experience
Mercy is a good school but it could use some diversity. The academics are good especially the science programs.
It is a decent school. I suggest they add sports in the bronx campus in order to make it easier for student to stay fit.
Aweful. Like being in prison, with prison food. Coaches do nothing for athletes, many of us got locked out of classes year after year. Crappy apparel/uniforms. Huge school for minorities and campus is dead on weekends because it’s a commuter school. If you’re getting recruited here look anyplace else- there’s a reason the transfer rate is huge.
Mercy college is a college that you need to get use to. At first i wanted to leave but I gave it a chance and I am glad that I did. I met so many amazing friends and when I look around there is just so much diversity which is great!
Bit expensive but you it is a quality institution.
Mercy College is a great overall school. Great academics, great professors, and a great learning environment. The only problem that I have with the school is that I believe the library is too small and should be expanded. Besides this, Mercy college prepared me for a career in the health and sciences, and as an entrant to a PA program of my choice. Highly recommend Mercy!
The campus is beyond beautiful the professors aren’t like any other , things are so easy to understand and comprehend, mercy college makes me feel like I’m welcomed and like I’m home , I chose the right college for me
Start Your Review of Mercy College
I am a transfer student who hasn't been to college since 2005. The last college I attended never informed me about the financial cap from FASA and other loans, however, since I am unable to get promotions without my degree and very limited with money, I decided to return to college, but specifically to Mercy College because the staff, professors, and others listened to my concerns and allowed me to set up affordable payments to earn my degree.
What I like about Mercy College is that they truly want to see you succeed. The PACT counselors are on top of everything. They want each student to make an appointment each month to review or update them on courses the student is taking. They also make sure you are registered on time and know what courses you have to take in order to graduate. They are always there as a helping hand.
Mercy has many opportunities for those students that seek them. Guidance from PACT counselors can be incorrect at times therefore I took charge of signing myself up for classes. The campus is beautiful especially with the additions and renovations they have made on campus in the last few years.