Mercy College Reviews

1,114 reviews
What I liked most about mercy college was the psychology professors. Almost every psychology professor I have had so far has been very supportive and goes out of their way to facilitate learning in the classroom and online. I really think the Hudson hall dorms are fantastic, due to the fact that they are brand new suites and are very comfortable compared to the very small dorms you tend to see on other campuses. Something to work on is the food, which after a while of dorming there can really just be tiring. Also, this wasn't really a party school, but I find that to be something positive.
I loved the online classes. The professors were great and very devoted to teaching their classes. I like how helpful the financial aid staff are with keeping up with deadlines for loans especially. Although I was a transfer student, I was welcomed to Mercy college and enjoyed being a student here.
I like that they have different campuses. Manhattan, Bronx and Dobbs ferry campus. I also like the resource of the learning center and the onsite tutoring. Another thing I appreciate is the fact that they have different programs that you can enroll in to accelerate your education and receive your degree.
Start Your Review of Mercy College
Aweful, do not come here especially if you’re being recruited! Coaches lie, there’s literally nothing to do and there’s zero school spirit. Place is dark and depressing, girls are beastly and faculty are just as bored as students. PACt team passes everything off and it’s ghost town every weekend. Unless you like sitting in your room alone do not go here. Definitely NOT a college experience
Mercy is a good school but it could use some diversity. The academics are good especially the science programs.
It is a decent school. I suggest they add sports in the bronx campus in order to make it easier for student to stay fit.
Aweful. Like being in prison, with prison food. Coaches do nothing for athletes, many of us got locked out of classes year after year. Crappy apparel/uniforms. Huge school for minorities and campus is dead on weekends because it’s a commuter school. If you’re getting recruited here look anyplace else- there’s a reason the transfer rate is huge.
Mercy college is a college that you need to get use to. At first i wanted to leave but I gave it a chance and I am glad that I did. I met so many amazing friends and when I look around there is just so much diversity which is great!
Bit expensive but you it is a quality institution.
Mercy College is a great overall school. Great academics, great professors, and a great learning environment. The only problem that I have with the school is that I believe the library is too small and should be expanded. Besides this, Mercy college prepared me for a career in the health and sciences, and as an entrant to a PA program of my choice. Highly recommend Mercy!
The campus is beyond beautiful the professors aren’t like any other , things are so easy to understand and comprehend, mercy college makes me feel like I’m welcomed and like I’m home , I chose the right college for me
I am a transfer student who hasn't been to college since 2005. The last college I attended never informed me about the financial cap from FASA and other loans, however, since I am unable to get promotions without my degree and very limited with money, I decided to return to college, but specifically to Mercy College because the staff, professors, and others listened to my concerns and allowed me to set up affordable payments to earn my degree.
What I like about Mercy College is that they truly want to see you succeed. The PACT counselors are on top of everything. They want each student to make an appointment each month to review or update them on courses the student is taking. They also make sure you are registered on time and know what courses you have to take in order to graduate. They are always there as a helping hand.
Mercy has many opportunities for those students that seek them. Guidance from PACT counselors can be incorrect at times therefore I took charge of signing myself up for classes. The campus is beautiful especially with the additions and renovations they have made on campus in the last few years.
The thing that I like about mercy collage is that they give you the help that you need and there class siz are small i also like the way the collage is small and the help that they give to there students
Only a freshman and so far it's okay. Some classes are harder than others, some professors more demanding. I commute and at the beginning of the year there were many day activities but there has been less so far. Waitng to see how the second sememester will go.
Visiting Mercy College for the first time blew me away. To think I could go to college at a really beautiful place sounded so surreal. I visited Mercy College because of their Women's Soccer program, but I never thought I would fall in love with the school as much as I did. The diversity there was amazing and I felt so welcomed at a place where I thought I was a stranger.
Start Your Review of Mercy College
I love the MBA and MSOL program in Mercy. I attend the Manhattan Campus and it is very convenient. The professors are very accessible and helpful in finding your direction. The MBA program is year to 18 month program depending on the direction you take your career. I am only 4 months from a year i the program. I truly feel fortunate to be here.
Mercy has many flaws once you become a student that you find out when it’s too late. They have a graduation rate of 32% and a rententiom rate of 72%... The information is not clear and they are not very consistent with their requirements. I wouldn’t recommend this college until their graduation rate increases
It is a very diverse school, which is great. The main campus is really nice and the professors are very helpful. They have many resources which makes adjusting to college a lot easier.