Mercy College of Health Sciences Reviews

Overall, I enjoy going to Mercy College of Health Sciences. There have been a lot of changes in curriculum, clinical sites for nursing, and procedures since I first started attending this college. These changes are a little difficult to keep up with, but they aren't overwhelming. I have had several teachers I really enjoy, but have had a few that weren't necessarily my favorite. I believe this comes with any school though.
I am continuing my education at Mercy College of Healh Sciences after finishing my bachelors degree at another college. I am receiving great support in my education and enjoy the teachers and friends that I have met.
If I could give MCHS zero stars I would. This school is a complete joke. Every nursing class is "self taught" in a "flipped classroom" setting. I'm so disgusted with the lack of caring from instructors, the lack of communication between staff members, the lack of professionalism both from staff and from students. The tour and admissions is a complete lie. Everything they tell you from day one is a lie. The BSN program gets little hands on education and the turn over rate from clinical instructors is scary. If I could take back the 50K+ that I've spent here I would start the whole thing over and ANY OTHER SCHOOL. literally, the biggest waste of time and money. I encourage anyone considering going here to consider another career or being jobless because that sounds better to me than one more day at the subpar embarrassment of a "school".
Review Mercy College of Health Sciences
The online courses take at least 3 times more time than my nursing classes to study for.
The highest degree is a bachelors
You do a lot of self teaching.
It is very fast paced.
I think this school is more worried about how the school looks that helping the students.
Some work to help you. Some don't care about you.
Access to labs and dissections
I love the school. A few teachers only read bullet points off of the board but I love the actual content and knowledge taught
Some things I love about the program I am in where other things I am not sure what the point of them is.
The class size is awesome you really get to know your teachers and other students.
They were very accepting of transferring in all of the credits I had. I really appreciated this because the college is very expensive. Because of how small the college is, flexibiliy is limited but my counselor worked with me so I only have class twice a week so I can work other days.
Job prospects are incredibly high because of networking done during clinicals.
The college is directly affiliated with several hospitals and placement is very high.
The class size is very small and the professors are actually nurses and nurse practitioners.
Review Mercy College of Health Sciences
Definitely one of the most thorough nursing programs available in the Midwest.
An expensive school but definitely a much higher quality education than pursuing a nursing degree at a place like Kaplan or a community college.
I have had no issues with scheduling classes or getting into a class that I needed at the time or day that I needed it. I have heard from other students that if you do have a conflict, you can speak with your academic advisor and they will do everything they can to make sure that you get into the class time or section that you need so that you can work around your work or home schedule and complete your degree in the amount of time expected.