Mercer University Reviews

1,358 reviews
In my first year on campus, Mercer has showed me a great deal in the areas of intimacy with professors, the importance of networking, and especially the importance of a close circle of support.
Mercer University is a fantastic community environment for undergraduate students. Professors truly care about the individuals in their classrooms and want to see them grow not only academically, but emotionally. Students are able to create a home for themselves. There are tons of organizations students can get involved in and plenty of leadership opportunities. Mercer is also a research institution. Students are able to get in on research projects starting their freshman year. This gives students the opportunity to get experience in their respective fields and prepare themselves for the workforce. The Mercer experience is like no other.
The school is very organized and "user friendly". No complaints! The parking for students is free and the recreation center is awesome. The school is wholesome and very professional. I am so glad to was led to choose Mercer! The School of Theology is extensive but you will definitely learn. A great institution that I highly recommend.
Review Your College
My experience was a pleasant one. The teachers were challenging and really cared about their students success. The office staff was always available and willing to answer questions or offer assistance when requested.
Overall, Mercer is alright. The classes are a bit challenging and the food is sometimes not the best, but it isn't terrible.
The professors truly show they care and want to share their wealth of knowledge with us. They also present lessons that allow us to receive hands-on instruction that we can actually take into our classrooms to grow students to optimum levels.
I love that Mercer is a small campus but is constantly growing, and adding new buildings. All of the classes are within walking distance and on average about 30 students. They have also added a lot more dining options for students as well as expanded the hours to account for students who study late at night or only have free time to eat late at nigh as well.
Wonderful college to attend, has a really great campus. You can become involved in many different organizations at Mercer, and also study abroad.
If you are a liberal minded student, there will be days where you will be frustrated with the campus environment. If you are a person of color, don't expect the school to address it. There are organizations that are for minorities, which is great. The campus safety is pretty iffy. MerPo has a record of racially profiling students at night and asking them for their bear card. They also don't do well with escorting students, sometimes they arrive like 20 mins late. However, the professors in the College of Liberal Arts are pretty amazing and really care about activism. More clubs are appearing that advocate and take action over social issues, like feminism and democracy.
While visiting, I found that Mercer was an overall well rounded school. I recommend that hardworking students apply.
My classes have been interactive and interesting (although certainly not easy). All of my professors have been very willing to help if needed. I love how this school is focused on giving back to the community of Macon (lovingly referred to as the "armpit" of Georgia). I've been told that downtown has improved vastly over the past few years. Campus food options are good. I've never felt unsafe while on campus. One problem with campus is the amount of roaches that like to scurry about at night... gross.
I am currently a freshman at Mercer and so far I am enjoying myself. All my classes are going pretty good and all my professors are great with making sure we understand the material and if we need any help to meet with them during their office hours. Mercer has a great campus that isn't to big to get lost on. Everyone is very friendly and the facilities are nice. I got the privilege to stay in the new dorms and they have been a nice home away from home. The only critique I would have is that the cafeteria isn't the best. There are other restaurants on campus that you can choose from, but I think they need to change some of their options in the cafeteria. Overall a very nice campus with opportunities after school.
The academics at Mercer University are challenging, and individualized. It is very easy to find your passion here and get involved. Mercer is a school focused on service and research that changes the world, thus it is a very active school. Professors are caring and understanding, and class sizes are usually quite small and inviting. Mercer is an excellent university!
This is a nice college with beautiful campus and diversified student population.Each department has awesome,knowledgeable and intelligent PhD professor who makes courses easy and interesting to individual student.The college is highly secured with campus police every where.Apart from these qualities,the housing and food are fantastic with all you can eat.
I enjoy my time at Mercer University. I am currently in my third year at Mercer and have enjoyed the friends and relationships I have formed here. I only wish that there were more things to do outside of campus other than go downtown to a club or something.
There is always something going on to help you get a job or internship. Just go to the Student Center any day of the week and there will be a company there recruiting Mercerians.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I love my professors here. They know everyone by name and take a great interest in your life. Class sizes are generally small so this makes it work.
Review Your College
Here, I feel super safe and secure. The locked gates and Mercer Police patroling campus at night, as well as during the day, make me feel comfortable here.
I live in Legacy Hall, which is a brand new dorm. It has great amenities and is well worth the extra money.
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
Greek Life here is not the stereotypical blonde beauties with daddy's money. It is a diverse group of all different races, ethnicites, economic and religious backgrounds. They are supportive and everyone has friends outside of greek life. Frats and sororities here work together and do not discriminate or are even competitive against one another. It is very relaxed, warm, open, and inviting to all members of the Mercer community.