High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.8 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.9 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.9 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.6 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.7 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.6 responses
Memphis College of Art Reviews
It is unusual for me to be reviewing my college. For one, I've been here for less than a semester, and, two, a review seems a bit pointless in light of the school's anticipated closure in 2020, just one year short of my degree completion. Though the time I spent at MCA was cut bitterly short, I have learned and grown immensely in the several months I have been here. I want to thank the dedicated staff who do it all for their students. I also want to thank my classmates for making this first semester of college a fantastic experience. I am sad that it has to come to an end so soon.
MCA is a beautiful school with awesome architecture. It has very advanced technology and is very well kept up. The faculty is always friendly and helpful and so are the other students. Most of the courses are fun and they help magnify your creativity. They open your mind to different interests and possible careers. They taught me different techniques of making art that I would never think I could use. Though a few of these courses are a bit arbitrary they never fail to teach you something possibly useful. This school is pretty safe and I feel comfortable in it as well.
The school pushes you, but with time management it itsn't tough at all. I've improved significantly from when I started... getting your pieces on the wall is a huge achievement, as most classes have room for one or two student works per class to put on the wall so competition is fierce. All the teachers and students agree that Color Theory and 3D design are the worst classes and need some way to make it interesting. 3D design is more challenging than anything, so fair warning to new students... it will make you hate art school. I promise, however, that every class will redeem what you lost through that class. Take IPC during the summer. Its a tough course too. Dorms are wonderful and clean all around, with only roommates themselves causing complaints. You're able to walk to school and to the Square in around 10 minutes or less. Super convenient. Little on the expensive side, but the teachers really care about what their students are putting out.