Medical Professional Institute Reviews

I'm excited to be a nurse & help people!
Faculty Are Very Helpful – The faculty at Medical Professional institute are very helpful. The enrollment officer is very supportive and helpful with student questions and concerns. I am very excited about being enrolled at Medical Professional Instutute's Licensed Practical Nursing Program because I have found that the staff in all departments of the school have assisted me in every aspect of becoming a LPN student. I am enjoying the educational atmosphere that MPI has offered me so far.
The curriculum at MPI is much like any other eleven month LPN program I would guess, except for certain professors know nothing about what they are teaching (i,e: haven't worked in the nursing field in 10+ years), and gave us a Human Growth and Development course instead of Nutrition. (Mind you, we had to write a 3 page paper on nutrition to basically teach ourselves). Another pain the neck is they don't accept transfers from other schools lower than a grade of B. Isn't a C grade usually the standard? I already took HG&D at a real college and got a C+, yet I they denied my request to drop the class. It shouldn't matter to them, they aren't losing any money over it.
Start Your Review of Medical Professional Institute
Never Ending! Financial Aid appointments at Medical Professional Institute were never ending, confusing and annoying. I'm in an eleven-month program and probably had at least 5 financial aid appointments! Every time paperwork was presented to me it was just "Ok, sign here, sign there, put 0 there, 1 there and initial there" and when you asked "What is this?" the response would be "Oh, don't worry about it just sign it". I don't think they have an actual financial aid advisor! I think they used one of the office girls to do it. It was horrible!!!