McNeese State University Reviews

My experience at McNeese State University is great and has been a fantastic and an interesting journey for obtaining my degree! The benefits of this college includes campus safety, caring and friendly professors who are willing to help you, unlimited access for academic resources, cultural events, and many clubs to join. There is much diversity in this college which makes the campus a plus to learn about people with different cultures and backgrounds.
McNeese has improved with renovations of their campus since 10 years ago. McNeese is steady expanding and support local businesses, industries and organizations. I will be taking classes there for my senior high school year 2018-19; entering into the dual program in which I am so exited.
I've learn that my grandfather attended McNeese years ago, but that was when the campus had only a few buildings and less parking lots. I wasn't yet born at that time, never-the- less created. Researching and attending McNeese campus has shown me alot about their strive for excellence support, education and expansion into the future.
It's a good school. It's smaller than most, so you get a more personal experience. The tuition is also not as high as some other schools, so you don't have to worry as much about going into debt.
Start Your Review of McNeese State University
The people here are very willing to assist and help students on their future education, here at McNeese. It feels like home and yet I could still work on my independence, since I’m from Lake Charles, Louisiana. For the betterment of McNeese and students, one thing I would like to see a change in is a focus on teaching students the style of studying they should pursue. For example, I’m mostly a visual learner with a hint of hands-on and audio. Thus, I would focus on diagrams, hands-on experiences, models, videos, PowerPoints, etc. Some students still struggle to understand how to use their fullest potential on learning and retaining the knowledge that’s been given to them.
Overall a great university for any degree program. The university provides great information and knowledge for individual that needs the help. Mcneese State University culture is great for all diverse individuals. The university is improving year by year to be named the number one school in the south-land conference. The events, activities, organizations, and sports program are very good. The university provide great one-on-one learning to all sized class room. The staff, teachers, members, and employees are very nice and respectful. The housing and dining areas are very good at different locations. The university will improve on more organizations and assistance programs later in the upcoming future.
McNeese is a great college/university! The teachers are very understanding and will work with each student to get them in the direction for success. The campus is beautiful and not very large, so walking to class doesn't take to long. The food they offer in the cafeteria is delicious and has a verity of options.
It’s an okay school, not super great but it’s cheap. Finical aid department sucks though. Anytime I try to talk to them I am directed to the wrong place and not once have I been directed towards the right one. Even if I only sign in for the finical aid department.
I liked the overall feeling of a tight-knit student community which can be felt throughout each section of the manicured campus. This university offers impeccable choices for classes for any major imaginable, and the small-town essence in the city reiterates the closeness in both student and educational life.
McNeese really gives you that close to home feel. Everyone is super connected and it's never a boring time. The classes could use some work but it's the smart choice when choosing an affordable university.
Since it’s a smaller school, you are able to make more connections and have better support from the professors.
Mcneese is an amazing school to go to especially if you are going into the agricultural field. They offer a bunch of experience for future careers. The professors are very hands on and are willing to work with you. They also have there own farmer and slaughter house! It’s really a great choice!
McNeese is a very affordable college with good teachers and campus life for its size and budget.
It is a small campus which makes walking between classes quick and easy.
We have a very diverse student body with many students from all over the world.
I loved the environment and how small the campus was. I enjoyed the ease of traveling around campus and meeting new people. I’d recommend McNeese to anyone who is looking for a small college that will make you feel right at home.
I had a very good experience at McNeese for preview day. Everyone was so nice and willing to help us find what we needed. I met some of the professor that will be teaching in my field of study. I think I will really enjoy McNeeses it seems to offer a lot. They are also rated one of the top schools for nursing. The one thing I would like to see change would be the price of dorms. they are really expensive for a teenager to afford especially when the student does not qualify for financial aid. Thanks for this opportunity.
McNease State University is an amazing school for all individuals of numoerus majors . The atmosphere , employees , professors and overall the environment is a great place to receive any degree. Each professor is dedicated to helping you reach your dreams and goals . They are all understanding indicualds who are patient to make sure we get the knowledge that we need to be successful . The campus it self is not that large and there isn’t many people that attend . Although , it is the perfect school for anyone who is dedicated and want to stay and remain focused on studies .
Although I do enjoy learning here, sometimes it seems like the professors are chosen based on their degree level instead of how well they teach students. I'm a senior majoring in biology and I must say that half of the professors I've had in the biology department did not know how to teach or did not care about their students.
McNeese State University is overall a great school. I enjoy being on campus and for the most part enjoy the professors.
Start Your Review of McNeese State University
Calculus and Engineering classes were excellent however many chemistry instructers were poorly prepared for classes (Didn't even explained concepts only read slides). I hated it. Very few On campus jobs for international students.
McNeese state University is a great school. The professors there are very helpful and very easy to get along with. They try to help you to the best of their abilities and McNeese is just a fun environment to be in but McNeese could use more space in parking for the student body
I loved the at-home atmosphere, the activities/events, and the organization and pleasing aesthetics of the college. Not to mention, the low priced amenities, tuition,and fees.