McHenry County College Reviews

The teachers don't care or don't know how to teach. I wouldn't go to school here!! If you are going into a science degree I wouldn't do it because they only have the good teachers for the lower classes and the rest are hard graders along with tough class syllabus.
McHenry County College was a great option for those who do not yet know what they want to do. I changed my major two times and still have no financial debt because it was affordable. The staff is great and the teachers are knowledgeable. You get more of a one on one learning environment vs a lecture hall of 400-1000 students.
great science teachers, advising was horrible and had me take the wrong classes and the wrong direction. Gave me a plan on what to take and it was found later that those classes couldnt be taken at an intercession which would put me back another year and a half to apply to their nursing program, which is why I am transferring.
Start Your Review of McHenry County College
There is a great variety of classes, but it feels like absolutely none of them are actually offered. I would love to see more classes offered and counselors actually doing their job. The counselors at MCC are absolutely awful. They don’t know what they are doing and offer no advice when it comes to transferring.
A great institution to transition from highschool to college. Staff is very helpful with helping you in figuring out what classes to take, as well as offering advice for academic excellence.
Small classes and flexible schedule made it easy to work while attending school. Online options were also available which allowed for extra options.
Overall the campus itself is one that is rather welcoming, the teachers are all available pretty much any time a student needs them. The campus is a safe place, the campus police are all very kind and understanding people. One of the few things I find saddening is the lack of school spirit.
It's a wonderful school and a wonderful investment. The professors are inspired and inspiring, the workload is manageable but challenging, and the students are very friendly and committed. I loved this school.
I would like to see more classes offered online. I did like the Sage learning center because it helped a lot with academics but if you do not have time during the day you are gonna have a tougher time fitting it in your schedule.
Very friendly college to attend. Very welcoming and offers a decent education at an affordable price.
The teachers at MCC are great and take the time to work with their students. I've enjoyed MCC so far
Courses are fairly easy aside from some stem classes. Community feels very diversified but stand-offish, most students don't seem to want to be there in the slightest. Offers great resources to help you in your classes. For those in county it is a smart choice for financial reasons
I liked how, being a student athlete, everyone was very warm and welcoming. The classes were moderately difficult, the class size is small, and the professors are personable.
The the environment of MCC is welcoming and friendly. All of the teachers that I have had have worked really hard inside of class and outside of class to see me succeed.
McHenry County College is a college that has a friendly ambiance. All the staff and students are polite and are willing to help you get to your desired destination. This college makes sure that you leave feeling more educated, respected, and that you're going on the right path towards you goals and career advancements. Furthermore, I highly recommend going to MCC to get your education.
Mchenry county college is almost high school again but totally worth saving the money rather than going straight to university piled in debt.
McHenry County College is a great community college. It is close to home. Offers a wide variety of associate degrees and certificates. Also, it is easy to navigate through the halls. I would recommend any senior in high school to begin their journey at MCC. You're getting a great education while saving a buck!
Start Your Review of McHenry County College
MCC is a quiet but friendly college. The small number of students per classroom allows for the students and professors to develop close relationships.
The staff are very helpful and friendly. The professors are passionate about teaching and genuinely care about their student's education. I value this because it is important to me to achieve a higher level of education. This scholarship would help me with that because it would allow me to continue my education.
I just started MCC last week so I don't really have much to say from a former student standpoint. But, as a new student I would say MCC has tons of classes for anything you could imagine. MCC has a very clean facility. I really feel safe on campus too. There is basically a mini police department at the school. It just gives the students and staff the piece of mind we deserve. I just hope this college experience will be what I hope it is, and from what I have seen so far it probably will be.