Massachusetts Institute of Technology Reviews

Filters Applied:
I really like the collaboration that I have with other students, my professors, and my TAs/mentors. MIT has so many academic tutoring programs that I enjoy attending. Also, I love the different independent research opportunities and clubs that I'm in. These really help me progress in my career development and give me some social time with others outside of class.
The original transition was a bit tough for some of my classes, though others were just fine. I am not an engineering major so the content and presentation of the courses wasn't too different than expected.
Going into MIT I though I was smart - really smart, but I later found out that, yes, while I am smart, everyone else here is SUPER smart. This can go two ways - you can fall victim to imposter syndrome (believing you don't belong, you're not good enough) or you can rise to the occasion and leverage your peers and upperclassmen friends. That is what makes MIT - the people here are unlike people you've ever met. They're supportive, helpful, passionate, and they CARE about you more than you think. MIT is a tough place and it will put you in your place, but it does that to everyone. The playing field is even, there's no grading on a "curve" and we're not too competitive with each other (when it comes to classes). Your friends will help you with psets, career advise, clubs, and everything else - just as you would help them too. MIT is its own beautiful community with a home for everyone.
Start Your Review of Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Very good college for the learning point of view. Diversified culture, campus is cool and professors here are highly talented.
The student body is so passionate and self driven. They push me to be a better student. The opportunities gained from attending MIT are immense. I have also found a great community of people here, and feel that the classes, though rigorous, are truly preparing me to do great things in the world.
I just didn't go there to study but I would like to apply for a scholarship to go there. Why else would someone like to have a scholarship?
How close you are with the cutting edge of technology on a constant basis is an exhilarating feeling that you get when you arrive there.
MIT provides a wonderful place to call home. There is nothing I would even dream of changing. Attending was the best choice I have ever made.
Because the noble prize winners becomes professors and influence or instructors within it's own university. Also, the academic equipment was so very fascinating and amazing on being advanced and technical to using in the modern ages.
MIT is full of great opportunities. They really let their students experience education hands-on. Within months of studying here, I was able to pick up new skills and have access to various tools in the many makerspaces. The first-year experience has also been designed to ease the transition from high school to university.

The campus and food might not be the best, but that's not what university is for anyway. I think MIT remains the top science/engineering school in the world.
MIT was the most difficult four years of my life. At times, I was not sure that I would survive the academic rigor, but I did, and I even excelled. MIT pushes you hard so that you learn to harness your intellect and push back. It is also humbling to know your limits and work to push your own boundaries. It is not for the fain of heart. My experience was mildly traumatizing, but I would repeat those four years in a heartbeat.
I think MIT is the best school in terms of academic. Just wow! The teacher are knowledgeable, the subject are so damn hard but worth it, I like everything about MIT.
From my first year here, I can safely say it is an amazing school overall. MIT has a variety of STEM based degrees to offer, though MIT is well known for its Engineering/Sciences it also provides and excellent courses in Humanities and Business. In my first year here my only viable complaint is the food, everything else is fantastic. If given the opportunity MIT will be a fantastic school to spend you next four years.
MIT is an outstanding university with numerous and diverse opportunities in research and academics. Classes at MIT are indeed difficult, with homework and associated studying consuming a large chunk of time. The beauty of this is that it pushes students to go above and beyond their previous understanding of what they believed themselves to be capable of. Additionally, the explorative and creative atmosphere which springs from the vibrancy of the student body and the faculty is second to none. There are so many chances to do great things at MIT, even as an undergrad!
MIT is a challenging but supportive environment. Everyone here agrees that the best thing about it is the people - you're all struggling together, but at least you're together. The professors, especially those for freshmen, are really concerned for students and care that they are learning the material. There are a lot of opportunities for social activities such as dance, acapella, and sports.
I have found my home at this school. While it is challenging, it has pushed me to understand the hard work that is required for success. There are plenty of extracurricular activities I can participate in to supplement my learning, and the location of the campus relative to Boston is perfect for exploration of the city. I know that my experience here will only have a positive impact on what I am capable of doing in the future.
You should learn about it for yourself; everyone's experience is different thus it's impossible to quantify it on this website.
Start Your Review of Massachusetts Institute of Technology
I really enjoy it here. There is always something fun to do, be it a club or one-time activity, and the people are great.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a fantastic school that offers students an opportunity to explore anything. The staff is second to none and always encourage students to challenge themselves in whatever it is they are passionate about. Walking down the halls, you feel the energy and passion from students. The students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology live and breathe Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Everyone on campus is there to make the world a better place and that is what makes MIT so special. Everyone is highly intelligent and capable, but it’s the common desire to give back that makes the campus.
This college is the best in the world. It sets you up for any job of your choosing. It not only provides opportunities for growth academically but socially as well.