COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
On-campus activity at MassArt is currently suspended due to COVID-19. While we are disappointed that we cannot welcome you to campus at this time, we hope you will explore our virtual tour and join us for one of our virtual information sessions. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade C minus
- Athleticsgrade unavailable
- Party Scenegrade B
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade A+
- Dormsgrade C+
- Campus Foodgrade C minus
- Student Lifegrade B
- Safetygrade B
Makers, artists, creators, disruptors, listeners, searchers, collaborators, activists in pursuit of remarkable, color-drenched futures: We are here for you.
We’ve been here for 145 years, pioneering, sustaining, and refining a world-class education in art and design, and sending skilled and experienced scholar-artists out into the world as professionals, ready to shake-up and shine on local and global stages.
Our graduates are near and far. They are innovators changing the way we interact with the world, art educators working with students across the globe and around the corner, industrial designers, medical device pioneers, entrepreneurs, contestants on Project Runway, famed photographers, renowned painters, Academy Award-winning set designers, and savvy media pioneers. MassArt is a community of change-makers and forward thinkers. We invite you to be part of the process, and part of the future. We’re redesigning the world but we can’t do it alone. We want you to join us.
Massachusetts College of Art & Design Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 30 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 40 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 40 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Illustration62 Graduates
- Cinematography and Video Production58 Graduates
- Graphic Design39 Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Design31 Graduates
- Painting26 Graduates
- Photography22 Graduates
- Industrial and Product Design19 Graduates
- Arts14 Graduates
- Art Teacher Education14 Graduates
- Environmental Architecture and Design14 Graduates
The fibers program offers students an intensive grounding in traditional fiber techniques to support experimental work across all areas of art, artisanry, and design. BFA students take courses in weaving, surface design, knitting, felt-making, basketry, hand papermaking, interlacing, dyeing, and fabric construction.
- Hard working4%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 36 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports. 57 responses
- Home away from home7%
- Mediocre and filthy4%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 18 responses