Marymount Manhattan College Reviews

I am a junior at MMC and this is definitely the place for me! With such a diverse and talented group of individuals you can't go wrong with this school. Financial aid and academic advisement are exceptional and are always willing to answer and help with any issues you may run into. The dance and theater programs are elite level and prepare you for the real working world. A great, well-rounded private college!
The location provides a great opportunity for students to bevy very familiar with New York City.
Students in the performance majors have access to many venues to explore art fields.
The school will be more effective if there is an expansion on the facilities including more studios for dance, and voice lessons.
Students have to travel to different locations within the New York cities to attend dance and voice classes.
The college will be more comfortable for the students if the threre is an expansion of the facilities, It is over crowded. There are to many students in one building.
This is a small college that is very dedicated to their arts programs. Located in the heart of NYC, there is nothing you can't do or experience here.
Start Your Review of Marymount Manhattan College
The school is very intimate which is great for teacher-student relationships. They do not offer many academic majors that other colleges would have because they are mostly an arts school.
I just began to study here as a freshman. It has been great, I wouldn't change anything. It's a great school and has a great environment. Love it!
Martmount Manhattan College is great as far as academics and professors. It is also diverse and promotes all types of students to pursue their course of study with openness to their identity.
MMC is an amazing community filled with passionate, driven students. The professors truly want you to succeed. This school allows for endless opportunities and real world exposure. Would highly recommend.
The theatre program is excellent. If you like small schools, this is for you - there are only two buildings and a small student body. There isn’t really a campus, so if you want a traditional college experience it may not be the best choice.
My experience with Marymount has been great so far, i'm an incoming freshman to the school and every contact i've had with the school and staff has been amazing, everyone is amazing, I recommend Marymount for those who want a hands on experience as well as a campus filled with adventure.
Overall, this school is nice. I only attended one semester due to financial circumstances because it was too expensive. The classes were small and if you’re a person that’s serious about learning you can receive a lot more feedback and communicate well with your professors. Life as a student outside the classroom was okay for me. There aren’t any sports which was a downfall for me but they had a lot of activities that were worthwhile. Dorm life was nice and making friends was natural. If you’re thinking of attending this school I would suggest applying for scholarships/grants ahead of time and apply for work study - it’ll really help the cost of tuition if not given extensive financial aid. All in all, just being in New York City was a plus and Marymount served me well as a student even for just the short amount of time I was there.
The school is very small, the professors are good. Marymount is lacking in the diversity of student life aspect. The food isn’t that great, but the classes are interesting, professors care for their students, and being in nyc, everything is within walking distance.
Fall 2017 was my first semester at Marymount Manhattan College as a transfer student. I love this school from all the diversity and groups of people i have met in my first four months. My professors were all very nice and dedicated to their students and their passion for teaching. I study communication arts and i love the program that Marymount has to offer here! My first 3 communication classes here has taught me a lot about the depths of interpersonal relationships and how to communicate effectively according to the dynamic of the relationship. I have made a best friend already and will hope to strive with good grades for my following semesters!
This college really just does not care about its students.... Seriously. We have a shortage of classes, not enough support/resources, and a faculty full of by the book, uninterested, and lazy professors. The students here are shallow, rude, and frankly untalented. Ever since day one, I knew that I hated it here. Don't worry though, once you drop out and do anything notable, they'll make sure to take full and exclusive credit for your accomplishments.
I can't imagine being anywhere other than Marymount, but many dislike it because it isn't for them. Personally I LOVE small class sizes. I'm a communications major with a minor is business management and law and ethics. I get minimal homework and have straight As on the deans list just for participating. I came to Marymount a 2.8 GPA student and now have a 3.6. I love all my professors and really made strong relationships with them. Being in New York has endless possibilities. Comm classes are easy and class options are great. If you want to be a comm major, COME TO MARYMOUNT! Corey Liberman is the gem of the school and the best professor a student could ask for. It's not right for everyone because it's a small school and it's a city campus. The school is very cliquey but If you're outgoing you'll have no problems making friends. last thing is if you want party life you need a fake ID but can still have fun without one just not as much. Any time I can gas up my school I do 100%
Marymount Manhattan is such an amazing school. Not only is it in the heart of NYC but it's the heart of NYC. This campus is so involved in the city life and the environment is amazing. Not only the faculty and staff rock but so do the students. I can't wait to attend this fall.
awful school, was tempted to write N/A for academics, as every class I took was one I had taken in middle school. An absolute waste of money, I learnt nothing, paid 30,000 dollars to relive middle school, fron the social scene to the classes. 0/10, would not recommend
Wonderful campus and location. The School is located in the heart of the UES in Manhattan.
Incredible environment and community, especially extremely diverse. No athletics/ sports, but numerous other clubs, activities and opportunities to get involved .
Start Your Review of Marymount Manhattan College
Yes, diversity is very strong but only surface level. EVERYONE accept one person i met out of the 2 semesters is a hard core democrat that will witch hunt you if you have different views. It's a very strong "safe space" place which makes me feel like I'm in high school and I have to watch out for everyone's feelings even though we are all adults. Very cliquey, very superficial, very high school.
I liked the walk to my classes. I liked all the places I could get food in town. I did not like the dorm. I had horrible roommates, which were messy and sloppy. The survey to find a roommate was horrible because they matched me up with horrible people, who ended up getting kicked out for doing marijuana and drinking.
I am currently a second semester freshman majoring in marketing. First semester was great for me as I was in classes that related to my major and I took a class that was related to my theatre minor. I had a great social life and partied like a normal college kid. However, second semester has been miserable. I still have a great social life and I still party, but my classes are awful. Only one is related to my major. I am in a random elective that I am probably going to fail because I literally have no idea what is going on in the class and I am trying hard. This "elective" is actually a class for another major which is why it is so difficult. I am miserable walking into this school because I know this semester is essentially a waste of my time. I am not learning anything that will benefit my major. To be fair last semester was great. I adored all my professors and my classes benefited my major. Socially, I love this school. I have a lot of friends and party a lot.