Mary Baldwin University Reviews

I haven’t been attending Mary Baldwin long, but every single person I have come in contact with through the college has been so helpful! I honestly don’t think I could have gotten any luckier and I know that I made the best decision by apply for this college. Everyone is always right there willing to help you in any way possible!
Here at Mary Baldwin, my professors know me by my name and I receive the opportunity to work with them one-on-one to pursue my own interests. I've never had such supportive teachers!
I like the class size. It's a small university. Easy to keep up and learn at. The downtown area is great. Class sizes are small so it is easy to have a 1 on 1 conversation with the professor.
Start Your Review of Mary Baldwin University
Professors care about each and every student that do their best and want to do well. No matter how hard things get, there are always people that care. There are friendly faces everywhere and a very diverse campus. There are always events that help students get together and have a good time.
Mary Baldwin was originally an all female institution, which was the main reason I applied. Though there is a lack of communication between the heads of the university and students, it is still a beautiful campus. The campus is beautiful, downtown is phenomenal, and it is an overall great place to study. There is even our own personal Holiday called Apple Day, it is a blast. There's a carnival, food, and games. The small campus makes getting to know your professors even easier.
So far everyone working for MBU Online has been OUTSTANDING. I have had so many obstacles that they have worked so hard with me to overcome. I am so incredibly ready to begin my year there!
I really enjoyed the campus. I would recommend this school for someone looking for a small town scene.
This school is extremely small and boring. There is no liveliness at this school, even on weekends. The only thing to do is to walk into downtown and eat. The dorms are very old and look like they haven't been renovated since the school was made. Most dorms have no AC. Overall, I've had a very poor experience here and decided to transfer.
Mary Baldwin is a good school. I would just like to see more advancement in their online program. I would like to see more classes available through web cam and more interactive assignments instead of just reading and essay writing.
I am an online pat time student and a full time employee, I like the online set up. the professors are wonderful, and they really want to see us succeed that means a lot. they are more than helpful. the financial aid crew are wonderful as well
My experience with this school so far has been amazing! The workers here really try to go above and beyond to make you feel understood and at home.
MBU is an amazing school. There is a large LGBT population here. Neither me or my boyfriend have experienced no discrimination here. I love it here.
Small class sizes with professors that care. The food is ok. I have yet to have a class I haven’t enjoyed. We don’t party here, we got to Bridgewater and NMU to do all that.
I JUST RECENTLY FINISHED MY FIRST YEAR AT MBU. ALTHOUGH I DON'T LIVE ON CAMPUS, I FOUND IT REALLY EASY TO CONNECT TO THE CAMPUS LIFE AND THE ACTIVITIES AROUND ME. I FELT REALLY COMFORTABLE IN ALL MY CLASSES AND I FORMED GREAT RELATIONSHIPS WITH MY ADVISORS AND PROFESSORS. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE THREE YEARS AHEAD OF ME AND EVERYTHING THEY'LL HOLD!
Nothing to do. You don’t get the college experience here. Food is disgusting and dorms are terrible. Transferred to a university in Richmond and it was the best choice I’ve made. Think twice before coming here.
There are some great teachers here, but also not so great teachers. Be sure to look up professors that are teaching the courses you want before you sign up for them.
I love the history surrounding this college/university, its roots in educating women, and the supportive environment from their educators and the location itself. As a current Student Physical Therapist in their Doctor of Physical Therapy program, I have fallen in love with the area and couldn't have asked for better professors to guide me in my path of becoming a health care provider.
Start Your Review of Mary Baldwin University
My time so far at Mary Baldwin University is great there are great people here. There is a great sense community where everyone knows everyone. the thing i wish would change is the food isn't the best. its edible but not the best taste. i also wish that some of the administers would keep their promises.
I love Mary Baldwin. All of my professors are willing to work with me in order to reach the goals I came to accomplish. All of their staff is friendly and very helpful. The whole school, including the almni, are your biggest supporters. I have learned so much from class and love that you are not a number, all of your teachers know you by name.
A beautiful campus with an extremely diverse and inclusive atmosphere to it. Professors care so much about you here. If you don't show up to class you'll get a phone call from your professor asking if you're alright and if there is anything they can do. Our men's soccer team is also amazing.