COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The Back to Baldwin site is the definitive source of information related to Mary Baldwin’s residential campus reopening and operations. For detailed information on our COVID-19 safety plans and preparations, refer to policies, forms, and resources found on this page, and read Back to Baldwin: Mary Baldwin University’s Comprehensive Reopening Plan Learn More
- Party SceneC-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeC
At Mary Baldwin University, we're all about your greatness. But growing that greatness takes more than determination. It takes knowing. Knowing yourself. Knowing different. Knowing better. Knowing your potential, and how to use that potential to achieve anything. At MBU, knowing starts with a unique mix of academics, community support, and self-discovery that shapes and sharpens your best self, launching you from the place you are to the place you’re meant to be.
We also believe a college education should raise your potential while lowering your costs. That’s why more than 95% of our students receive scholarships or financial aid that total over $16 million every year. This kind of consistent support propelled MBU to the No. 9 ranking for Best Bang for the Buck in the Southeast from Washington Monthly, who's rankings are known for their focus on social mobility and helping non-wealthy students earn in-demand degrees at an affordable cost.
Mary Baldwin University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.27 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.37 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.37 responses
Liberal Arts and Humanities30 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services29 Graduates
Political Science and Government16 Graduates
Healthcare Management13 Graduates
Health Sciences at MBU
MBU’s health sciences major provides students with an understanding of human health as a complex cultural, biological, psychological, and social dynamic. This major prepares students for graduate work in the health sciences and employment in healthcare fields such as public health, governmental and community agencies, hospitals, the pharmaceutical and insurance industries, research, and more.
- Dedicated, intelligent, and hard working female54%
- Female, religious, maybe international21%
- Unfriendly, entitled8%
- Dropout, Moody, Mentally unstable due to previous4%
- of students say they don't have Greek life.45 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.63 responses
- Home away from home7%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.19 responses